Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Smith Lake Fort Bragg, NC

3 posters

Go down

Smith Lake Fort Bragg, NC Empty Smith Lake Fort Bragg, NC

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:53 pm

Deepblu and I headed out to Smith Lake on Fort Bragg, NC. I got out on the water really late due to having to stop by my office but I meet Deepblu out on the water in hope of getting into some bass and crappie. I haven't fished smith lake in over 2 years and the lake has really changed! With the new zip line setup its really hard to get to some really good spots that I know holds some nice bass and crappie! We started fishing in the 3 to 5 feet range and didn't get any hits so we head to deeper water. The wind was really kicking our butt out in the middle of the lake. I was fishing a plastic worm and landed a nice little bass in about 8 feet of water. Deepblu landed a bass on the flyrod so at least we didn't get skunked! I plan on fishing the fort bragg lakes a lot this year so let me know if anyone wants to meet up and hit the water! Here is a pic of the bass I landed:

Smith Lake Fort Bragg, NC 6506_10201303275854727_613572562_n
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

Smith Lake Fort Bragg, NC Empty Re: Smith Lake Fort Bragg, NC

Post  Deepblu505 Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:26 am

Like Rob said we got blown around a bit by the wind. The bass I landed was small but still fun. I got it on a cone head green woolly booger with black rubber legs. If anyone would like to see this fly YOU CAN!! I left the fly on display hanging from the stabilizing cable at the far side of the swimming area Laughing . Had a good time and like Rob I am ready to fish , just let me know when and where and I will try my best to make it.
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

http://aparrotlooksat51.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldon0405 Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:07 pm

Gents, I also fish mostly on Bragg. I will gladly meet you at any of the lakes on post. Hopefully I can even learn a thing or two. I wish you both tight lines and full stringers!

Weldon

Weldon0405
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down