Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Fort Bragg lake access

4 posters

Go down

Fort Bragg lake access Empty Fort Bragg lake access

Post  Joshua21B Wed May 01, 2013 4:56 pm

I'm planning on getting a Fort Bragg fishing permit later this week, but I have some reservations at the moment. The only vehicle I have at the moment is a Honda Civic and it looks like several of the lakes are are only accessible via dirt road. My question is, am I looking at hard compact roads I'll be able to go down or am I going to be limited to the lakes that have paved roads going past them?

Joshua21B
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Fort Bragg lake access Empty Re: Fort Bragg lake access

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Wed May 01, 2013 8:32 pm

You should have no problems fishing some of the lakes on fort bragg. Texas Lake is right off of the main road Honeycutt. You can also get to Mott lake with no problems. I use to fish Simmons lake during my lunch break in a VW Jetta. You can also fish Lower McKellars lake for catfish with no problems getting access to the lake in you civic. Let me know if you have anymore questions about access to the lakes on bragg.
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

Fort Bragg lake access Empty Bragg lakes/ponds

Post  BaitWaster Wed May 01, 2013 8:42 pm

I fish Bragg pretty often. On the weekends I haul the yak in the truck, but during the week I drive a Toyota Corolla to work and bank fish occasionally during lunch or right after I get off. I have not met a pond or lake that the Corolla can't reach. Not saying the roads are perfect, there are many holes to duck and dodge depending on where you are trying to go. I would say you should be able to reach 90% of the fishing holes on Bragg. Now if your Civic is lowered or tricked out, you may want to re-think it.

BaitWaster
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Fort Bragg lake access Empty Thanks!

Post  Joshua21B Thu May 02, 2013 12:38 am

Thanks for the replies. Ducking and dodging holes in no problem for the Civic, I've done plenty of that in it. My main concern was the roads being hard packed vs sandy. Almost got the civic stuck once trying to get to a fishin spot at the end of a sandy road!

Joshua21B
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Thu May 02, 2013 9:16 am

I have also seen cars out at Boundary Line lake. One lake i know for sure that you may get stuck is wyatt lake! the road is very sandy and soft. Good luck out there and if i am on bragg fishing or working and you get stuck let me know if you want my # i can pull you out!
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

Post  dboreliz Thu May 02, 2013 11:19 pm

Wyatt is not bad as long as you don't take the tank trail coming from Keist Lake. Then you will get stuck. I have drove my Passat to Wyatt when coming from Lamont Rd with no problem. The only lake I can think of that you will have trouble getting to in your Civic is Holland. I did take the Passat there a few times and got nervous each time.
dboreliz
dboreliz
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down