Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

New to kayak fishing, Bragg

4 posters

Go down

New to kayak fishing, Bragg Empty New to kayak fishing, Bragg

Post  Luni Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:26 pm

Picked up a fishing kayak a couple weeks ago and I've been trying to get on the water as much as possible.  Mostly getting skunked on Mott Lake which is the closest thing to the house.  I did manage to pull a little largemouth out of north side on a crankbait but that's been the only bite I've had at Mott.  Looking to try Holland or MacArthur this weekend.

I've been shore fishing my whole life with the occasional boat trip but it's been a few years.  Decided the get a fishing kayak and I've been working my way back into it.  Still very new so if any local guys want to go out I'd be all for it.

New to kayak fishing, Bragg IMAG0282_zps72dd7754

New to kayak fishing, Bragg 1120112_10151837361850030_18467558_o_zpsf050467d
Luni
Luni
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

New to kayak fishing, Bragg Empty Re: New to kayak fishing, Bragg

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:52 am

welcome to the fishing hole! There are alot of us on here that fish from our yaks around fayetteville and fort bragg. Bragg has alot of water and i fell that some of the best lake on bragg are on the east side. Let me know if you ever need any help out there!
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

Post  Luni Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:41 pm

I went out to Aberdeen bait and tackle Monday and got some new gear and great advice. I'm still learning and looking forward to try stuff out. If there's any weekend trips planned I'm in. Havent been east yet. I'm in raeford so the western stuff is just easier to get to.
Luni
Luni
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  TIG-Master Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:24 pm

Luni wrote:I went out to Aberdeen bait and tackle Monday and got some new gear and great advice. I'm still learning and looking forward to try stuff out. If there's any weekend trips planned I'm in. Havent been east yet. I'm in raeford so the western stuff is just easier to get to.
Hay Luni welcome I'm TIG-Master. Aberdeen Bait and tackle is just around the corner from me. hay man if you would like a partner for this weekend or any time hit me up. I just got into it on Fathers day. I am from South Fla. Been here 6 years and just started back into fishing. Funny Mott lake is were I started and the same one Bass my first day that was it.. Hit me up Ill send you my # if you like.
TIG-Master
TIG-Master
New Angler

http://wgss.biz

Back to top Go down

Post  shobbs Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:29 pm

Use to be some great bass fishing out in Mott Lake. Don't overlook a black worm with a blue tail.Very Happy
shobbs
shobbs
Deckhand

http://www.fishheroes.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Luni Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:27 pm

Skunked at the game lands for the first time tonight.  Tried a lot of different presentations and the only thing that got a bite was a pumpkin trick worm but I couldn't get the hook set.  Fish were hitting everywhere but nothing I was throwing out.  Finally the sun went down and the mosquitoes literally chased me off the water.  I couldn't reel in without having to stop and swat them off.
Luni
Luni
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:22 pm

Better luck next time Luni. There are some nice fishing holes in McArthur also!
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

Post  Luni Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:29 pm

Pulled the 2 smallest bass on Bragg out of Holland this morning.  One hit a finesse worm at the shore under tree cover first thing and then the clouds broke and everything ran into the grass flats.  I watched a big fish come up out of the grass and snag something right next to the boat then disappear.  Switched over to a small crankbait and pulled one more out of the flats.  The were really finicky.  I feel like dragging a mojo rig would be pretty productive out there on days like today.  Got the hang of feathering the spool on my baitcaster and got a lot of distance out of my cast without birds nesting.

Just waiting for the right day to head out to MacArthur and sling a topwater frog into those lily pads in the backside and see what I can pull out.
Luni
Luni
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down