Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Chesapeake Bay Fishing - 15 & 16 July

3 posters

Go down

Chesapeake Bay Fishing - 15 & 16 July Empty Chesapeake Bay Fishing - 15 & 16 July

Post  joe.plotino Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:41 pm

Finally got a real serious weekend of fishing done on the new boat in Cobbs Creek, VA. Weather was fantastic and the fishing was great as well.

Friday we headed out at 11am with my father and good friend to just have a go on a reef for flounder or whatever we could pull up. Turns out the reef was home to many sharks so they were the main event. Pulled in one 17.5 inch flounder which is right at the VA limit.

Chesapeake Bay Fishing - 15 & 16 July P7150006

Chesapeake Bay Fishing - 15 & 16 July P7150002

Me and little me....

Chesapeake Bay Fishing - 15 & 16 July DSC_0034-1

Second day was a long but great one. Initially started off at 5am to hit the buoys early to look for cobia. No luck running about 15 so then we moved off to York Spit and put out top and bottom chum to hopefully draw in a cobia that way. No luck. Sat for about 3 hrs with no luck at all. Plenty of bait fish but no cobia. Caught about 6 small flounder while waiting along with a tagged black seabass. Pretty neat. After that moved off to the "Cell" for some more serious flounder fishing.

Really hit a good spot then. Fished 30-40ft of water with a hard sandy bottom and caught some real nice flounder. Used killies on a simple flounder hook. Battled sharks, bluefish and even caught a cownose ray.

This the end result. Ate it all and it was amazing!

Chesapeake Bay Fishing - 15 & 16 July DSC_0131

Chesapeake Bay Fishing - 15 & 16 July DSC_0126

Chesapeake Bay Fishing - 15 & 16 July DSC_0128

Will be heading back this next weekend for round 2. Going to be hot but weather is looking good and I am very determined so not worried.
joe.plotino
joe.plotino
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Chesapeake Bay Fishing - 15 & 16 July Empty Chesapeak Bay Fishing

Post  bparker Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Nice post, Joe! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.
Looks and sounds like you had a great time!
Best of luck next week!

bparker
Deckhand

Back to top Go down

Chesapeake Bay Fishing - 15 & 16 July Empty Re: Chesapeake Bay Fishing - 15 & 16 July

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:18 pm

thanks for posting the pics up joe!
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

Chesapeake Bay Fishing - 15 & 16 July Empty Re: Chesapeake Bay Fishing - 15 & 16 July

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down