Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Hobie Pro Angler - Fallen in love.....

3 posters

Go down

Hobie Pro Angler - Fallen in love..... Empty Hobie Pro Angler - Fallen in love.....

Post  joe.plotino Thu May 26, 2011 8:50 pm

So after fishing about 6 trips in my borrowed kayak I have started researching into the world of kayak fishing. My small kayak while it gets the job done makes my back feel like it is breaking in half and I truly feel trapped and very limited. Of course like most men my research started of sensibly enough and then I saw this............

Hobie Pro Angler - Fallen in love..... Proanglerprofiles

Thing looks incredible. BIGGEST CON: Retails new @ $2500! Thats insane. Still I can dream. Maybe a return from the next deployment present.

A good write up on it. Anyone used this kayak? Be nice to see/use one in person.

http://www.flyfishohio.com/Hobie_Pro_Angler.htm
joe.plotino
joe.plotino
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Hobie Pro Angler - Fallen in love..... Empty Re: Hobie Pro Angler - Fallen in love.....

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Sat May 28, 2011 4:02 pm

that is one of the nicest yaks out on the market! I have seen this yak in person and it is really nice! I also want one!
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

Hobie Pro Angler - Fallen in love..... Empty Options

Post  DougB Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:59 am

Great boat. Many of us have kayaks from the folks at Native in Greensboro. Mostly the Ultimate and the Mariner pedal (can pedal backwards). These are also great boats and priced very competitively.

One word of advise though -- try before you buy. We have some great dealers in Greensboro and Wilmington who are truly experts. Also many use the basic boat several times before modifying and adding. And try on your PFD (alway on your body) while in your boat and while using your fishing rod.

There are a couple of great NC based discussion groups on the web and fishing tournaments in NC -- give a shout if you need them or have more specific questions.

Kayak fishing is an addictive adventure.

DougB
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Hobie Pro Angler - Fallen in love..... Empty Re: Hobie Pro Angler - Fallen in love.....

Post  joe.plotino Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:00 pm

Doug,

Looking at those Native boats they are pretty awesome. I believe the ability to go backwards is something I would regret not having if I was to buy a kayak with a drive system. I know especially fishing largemouth in heavy cover there is nothing more frustrating then getting hung up or hooked up to a nice fish and getting dragged into the area you are trying to fish. The ability to have some reverse thrust to stay out of the area would really be a great characteristic of a boat.

I would love to try some yaks out. If you or anyone else has any info on possible shows / demos please let me know. Willing to drive also.
joe.plotino
joe.plotino
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down