Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Who's an Ambassador? (Angler's Legacy)

3 posters

Go down

Who's an Ambassador? (Angler's Legacy) Empty Who's an Ambassador? (Angler's Legacy)

Post  Backlash Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:03 pm

A few years ago, the Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation lauched its Take Me Fishing campaign, which included the Anglers' Legacy program where anglers take a pledge and promise to share their boating and fishing experiences with others. I was involved in a discussion about this program, the other day, that got me wondering, what do anglers know or think the program. So, I a have a few questions;

Have you taken the pledge? If not, are you going to take the pledge?

Do you think that this program helps increase fishing participation?

What would you like to see from such a program?
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

Who's an Ambassador? (Angler's Legacy) Empty Re: Who's an Ambassador? (Angler's Legacy)

Post  Deepblu505 Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:44 pm

I am an Ambassador, I took the pledge a couple of years now.

I really think this is a good program. It is getting people on the water fishing, If every angler would just take one new person fishing every year we would keep the traditions of fishing and not loose generations of new anglers.

I am very satisfied with the program. It has so much to offer already. I think we need to get the word out about the program so that others can take the pledge.

Take the Pledge
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

http://aparrotlooksat51.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Who's an Ambassador? (Angler's Legacy) Empty Re: Who's an Ambassador? (Angler's Legacy)

Post  Snagged Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:42 am

I know the pledge, and while I have not "officially" taken the pledge, I can say there isn't a day that goes by where I'm not looking for the opportunity to talk to someone that wants to learn fishing, or wants to pick it up again after years away from it. At some point, when I'm more comfortable with my knowledge base and have more free time, you can bet I will be on the prowl to find someone new to take fishing.

I've frequented the Take Me Fishing website almost daily early on in my quest to rediscover fishing a few years back, and I still find useful information on it to this day.

I think the program is fantastic - the idea that anglers are willing to share their knowledge and experience rather than "keep it to themselves" is paramount in so many ways beyond just angling.

As for what more I would like to see from such a program: what more could you ask for? If the program can teach me how to win the lottery so I can better feed my newfound addiction, I'm all for it bounce
Snagged
Snagged
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down