Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Boat registration increase

4 posters

Go down

Boat registration increase Empty Boat registration increase

Post  dk239 Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:34 pm

dk239
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Boat registration increase Empty Re: Boat registration increase

Post  Backlash Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:14 pm

While I see benefit in the increase, as it sets aside a portion of the monies to used to acquire land to provide more access, I think this may meet with some wide oppositon in that it affects those who never fish saltwater and will not benefit from the increase in fees as they pay for dredging. I have even deeper concerns, after it was pointed out to me that we're talking about dredging channels 12 to 20 ft deep, that make these channels navigable for large shrimp trawlers, yet the commercial fleet isn't being asked to share this burden. I have witnessed some great things being done by the NCWRC as it relates to the improvements of our boating access, in the past few years and I'm not opposed to a moderate increase used for the right purposes. However, this bill seems quite excessive and misplaced in its usage.
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

Boat registration increase Empty MY 2 CENTS WORTH

Post  SEA DANCER Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:08 am

I do not oppose an increase because I have enjoyed the new ramps that were built on Radio Island near Morehead City. Most of this money came from the salt water fishing license. I do think that the Reg. fees should be based on boat size and horsepower.Very Happy I don't mind the trawlers going through the inlets as long as they leave the nets at home.lol!

SEA DANCER
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  shobbs Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:39 pm

shobbs
shobbs
Deckhand

http://www.fishheroes.org

Back to top Go down

Post  dk239 Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:24 pm

SEA DANCER wrote:I do not oppose an increase because I have enjoyed the new ramps that were built on Radio Island near Morehead City. Most of this money came from the salt water fishing license. I do think that the Reg. fees should be based on boat size and horsepower.Very Happy I don't mind the trawlers going through the inlets as long as they leave the nets at home.lol!
While I generally don't oppose increases in these fees I feel like this increase is outrageous. Plus I'm not sure if freshwater boaters should be on the hook for something that they will not use. If the inlets are that important then everyone in the state should have to pay not just boaters!!!

dk239
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down