Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

OffShore w/boat

4 posters

Go down

OffShore w/boat Empty OffShore w/boat

Post  btredone Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:04 pm

Hello I have been stationed of Fort Bragg for 3 years and I had no idea about this website. I was deployed for half of that time so I never really learned the waters off the coast of NC. I have a 21 ft boat that I like to take out to fort fisher when ever I get the chance, but I only seem to catch sharks. I am looking for information on good locations and people to go fishing with.
btredone
btredone
New Angler

Back to top Go down

OffShore w/boat Empty Re: OffShore w/boat

Post  Backlash Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:08 pm

Glad that you found finally found us. We're planning an o dark 30 trip to Southport on Saturday for some fishing at Yaupon Reef. I have room for one passenger if you're interested in sharing the trip.

Also, we're planning a camping trip to Carolina Beach State Park in September. which should be the peak of fishing at the coast. We're always looking for new folks to share the good times with.
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  btredone Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:45 pm

I was going to head down there sat sun mon but the weather did not look to good. I will be going to cali for army training in Sept but it sounds like a good time.
btredone
btredone
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Backlash Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:51 pm

I'll make a final weather decision on Thursday as conditions look like they will improve then. Current forecast for 11mph sw winds and 3-4 ft seas doesn't sound too bad. Oak Island is a south facing beach so it should be bad at all near shore.
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

OffShore w/boat Empty offshore w/boat

Post  bparker Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:15 pm

Welcome to the site!

Hope to see you at our monthly meeting next Thursday night.

Tom, Ed, and a few other folks can help to put you on to fish other than sharks.

bparker
Deckhand

Back to top Go down

Post  john p smith Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:47 pm

I am John, retired SFC, I love the south port area. You can put in at the wildlife boat rank or south port marina on west west street which is closer to the ocean and has some security. Yupon is very good. I have found a few other good spots that are loaded with bottom fish around there. Find any of the rocks or obstruction on your gps or map between bald head island and yupon reef or the pier. You can also fish the water outlet spot coming from cp&l. It is located between a green top building and a water tower before you get to the pier going south.
Those rock spots are hard to anchor in but will pay off while the boat slowly drift off the point. Those are my honey holes and are always loaded. As far as the Sharks, I doubt you will ever escape them. I use them for training purposes. I would also try anchoring anywhere in that area around a mile to 3 miles offshore and dragg the anchor till you hit some hot spots and mark them. If I get a chance I will post my drum photo from my first trip at Yupon reef.
john p smith
john p smith
New Angler

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1209322284361&set=vb.15

Back to top Go down

OffShore w/boat Empty off shore w/boat

Post  bparker Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Thanks for the post, John. Hope to see some photos of your catches now the fall fishing is starting up. The bull reds are in the Neuse; should be some in the Cape Fear too!

bparker
Deckhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down