Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Mott Lake - 5/20/2012

Go down

Mott Lake - 5/20/2012 Empty Mott Lake - 5/20/2012

Post  Snagged Mon May 21, 2012 11:30 pm

Tonybee and I took the yaks out to Mott on Sunday morning around 8am and stayed til around 2pm. As is the case for every yak trip I take, the wind was horrid. But we way up to the extreme north end of the lake..so far, it was barely wide enough to turn the yaks around. Creek channel was real narrow, but about 5ft deep. Within moments of getting all the way up in there, I landed a 2lb bass on a white spinnerbait.

Not much action after that, but I did get another 2lb bass on the same spinnerbait a little while later in a different spot. And I had another very large something, but it got down in the weeds and spit the hook. Thought it was a stump at first, but then I felt the shake. Oh well. That makes two "Big One That Got Away" fish for me at Mott Lake now.

Marked lots of fish in the channel all around the lake. Channel appeared to be around 10ft deep, and the fish were right on the ledges around 5ft. But that channel seems incredibly narrow. If you blink, you'll float right over it.

Tonybee didn't get so much as a nibble on the fly rod Sad
Snagged
Snagged
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down