Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Mott Lake this weekend

4 posters

Go down

Mott Lake this weekend Empty Mott Lake this weekend

Post  Snagged Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:24 pm

I plan on taking the kayak out this Saturday so I can see if my fish finder is working.

What are some tactics I need to key in on this time of year? My plan is to paddle way up on the north side early where all the weeds are and throw around a top water frog. If that doesn't work, I think I'll take a crankbait out to deeper water.

Thoughts or suggestions?
Snagged
Snagged
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Mott Lake this weekend Empty Re: Mott Lake this weekend

Post  Cujo Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:15 pm

try sweeping surface with a buzz bait... mabe late in the season but there might stll be some reactory bites..
Cujo
Cujo
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Snagged Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:59 pm

I'd been researching what I need to do all week, and was coming up with alot of mixed ideas. Some folks say you can late summer bass shallow, most say you catch em deep. So I figure I'll start off early in the shallow weeds with top water baits and then work my way out to deeper water with spinners and cranks.
Snagged
Snagged
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Backlash Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:45 am

I think that you can still get some topwater bites early in the mornings or on overcast days. However, I would try working points with spinnerbaits or worms 5-10 feet of water. Always fish above the thermocline this time of year. Check out the locations for the fish attractors that Fort Bragg put in Mott Lake, would be fun to locate them with that newly installed FishFinder.
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snagged Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:31 pm

No dice. I got out later than I wanted, so I started off around the sunken island, trying to hit the drop off with spinner baits and chatter baits. Then I went towards to the north end with the thick weeds. I saw several fish breaking water and marked several on the fish finder, but nothing wanted my ribbit frog.

The wind was pretty brutal, so I just spent alot of time paddling around, seeing what the fish finder showed. I only marked a few fish, almost all of which were near the bottom. I was reading about 78 degrees water temp on the fish finder. Not sure how accurate that is since I'm shooting through the hull. I did find one of the fish attractors. It was purely by accident. I wasn't watching the fish finder, but I floated right over it and barely show the tips of the PVC pipes through the water.

I didn't catch anything, but I'm rather pleased that the fish finder seems to be working. Now I just need to get the fish catcher to work.
Snagged
Snagged
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Mott Lake this weekend Empty Mott Lake report

Post  bdarby Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:33 pm

I went fishing early Friday morning(6 April) and caught to small LM Bass on the west side of the lake. I used a small bass fly from my fly fishing gear. I went out on Sunday(8 April) around 10am and left the lake at 2pm and left with a suntan and no bites.
bdarby
bdarby
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down