Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Glenville Lake

4 posters

Go down

Glenville Lake Empty Glenville Lake

Post  Paula Carlson Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:09 pm

Saw a couple of anglers pulling out some decent sized bass from Glenville Lake last week for those looking. Also some nice sized bluegill being reeled in.
Paula Carlson
Paula Carlson
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Glenville Lake Empty Re: Glenville Lake

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Where is Glenville lake located at?
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula Carlson Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:31 am

Mazarick Park 2 is the easiest entry to where the docks are located. You can also rent a boat there. $10 a day, $5 half a day. The area is clean and the people who fish there are polite in my experience, and they are pulling in some nice sized bass right off the dock too. lol To get to the park, if you're on Bragg Blvd. heading towards Eutaw, take a Right on Pearl St. and go past the main entrance. Follow that road all the way around and down into a culdesac, the park's 2nd entrance is there on the left. You can see the water from the parking lot. Best times I've found for dock fishing are between 5:20- 7:20 AM, and 3-7 PM. Most are bottom fishing, but we've pulled in some black crappie with grub jigs and a cork floater. Happy casting!
Paula Carlson
Paula Carlson
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Deepblu505 Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:58 am

I have been wanting to get over there for a while just haven't done it yet. I have a trolling motor and battery so renting a boat would be ideal. I have also heard that it is full of minnow that are easy to catch with the throw net. Eric and I are going out somewhere next week might head over there.'
'Thanks for the report Paula, glad you found it better than Rim lake.
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

http://aparrotlooksat51.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Coach Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:41 pm

Haven't fished there in a couple years. I need to get back out there. Last time I went I rented a boat and I wasn't sure if it was gonna stay afloat. Up keep of the jon boats they had then was not at the top of their list. But there are fish in there. Finding an employee around to rent the boats is sometime difficult as they are responsible for the other side of the park as well.
Coach
Coach
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula Carlson Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:22 pm

Well, anytime y'all are up for heading that way, let me know and I'll go in on a boat or whatever. The boats I saw didn't look -too- bad..but then, I wasn't out in them either. lol Might leave my butt floating by the dam huh? Worth a try to have another local hole to toss a line in though.
Paula Carlson
Paula Carlson
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down