Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Beaver Creek Pond - Fish?

+4
Hoppdevil
Backlash
mrnastiesNO
joe.plotino
8 posters

Go down

Beaver Creek Pond - Fish? Empty Beaver Creek Pond - Fish?

Post  joe.plotino Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:32 pm

Anyone ever explore this pond? Seems like a decent size body of water sitting right between morganton and cliffdale. I like to do google maps recon and pick new little ponds to catch some bass.
joe.plotino
joe.plotino
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Beaver Creek Pond - Fish? Empty Re: Beaver Creek Pond - Fish?

Post  mrnastiesNO Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:22 pm

yeah it's fairly decent. To fish it legally you have to pay for a annual membership, after that you can only use a trolling motor no gas engines. Lake is decent size. at it's deepest spot it's about 12 to 15 foot but average out to be around 5 to 6 ft. In the back, by the lilly pads it 1 1/2 to 4 ft. I caught decent bass and in the lake two years ago. Hardly anyone ever fishes the lake at. Below the damn which is public access but it a pain in the but to get to has lots and lots of nice size bream and few crappie. It's only worth membership price if you fish it often. it's about 200 bucks

mrnastiesNO
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  joe.plotino Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:17 pm

Wow that seems ridiculous. I am not sure we are talking about the same bit of water. I have a state fishing license so that should cover me. It is a pretty big pond with a lot of residences all around it. Who is running a membership to fish in it?
joe.plotino
joe.plotino
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Backlash Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:39 pm

Hey Joe, It's better known as Mcfayden Lake and like Mrnastiesno says there is a annual membership fee of $125 to pay. They contacted us a few ago and offered to reduce the membership to us in exchange for some assitance with some cleanup around the lake. Not sure if the offer is still in place , but you can get more information at www.mcfaydenlake.us
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mrnastiesNO Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:38 pm

Backlash wrote:Hey Joe, It's better known as Mcfayden Lake and like Mrnastiesno says there is a annual membership fee of $125 to pay. They contacted us a few ago and offered to reduce the membership to us in exchange for some assitance with some cleanup around the lake. Not sure if the offer is still in place , but you can get more information at www.mcfaydenlake.us

man that would be pretty descent i guess it really depends of how much of the discount is

mrnastiesNO
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  joe.plotino Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:45 am

Very interesting. Lame though. Did not think you could just take in a body of water that large and claim as your own. I am not paying anyone to fish a pond. Plenty of other good free water around here. Thanks for the info. I was pretty close to just dropping my kayak in there and having a go at it.
joe.plotino
joe.plotino
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Beaver Creek Pond - Fish? Empty Mcfayden Lake

Post  Hoppdevil Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:28 pm

Joe,

I have fished this lake a ton back about 6-7 yrs ago. I bought a membership from Gus over at Gus's baitshop right off cliffdale. It is a very good lake, with a number of good fish in it. I have caught multiple 5lb+ bass in it. I cant imagine anything has changed. It gets very little pressure and I have been thinking of buying into it again.
Hoppdevil
Hoppdevil
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  joe.plotino Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:08 pm

Interesting to know. When I get back to Bragg in Sept. I plan on doing a bit more fishing before I move in late Nov. I found a whole bunch of free amazing bass fishing holes which contain plenty of 5lb+ fish. Some are difficult or tricky to get into but definitely worth it. When I return I will put out when I am going so others can come.
joe.plotino
joe.plotino
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Yak_Angler Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:05 pm

You know I am in Joe! When do you get back?
Yak_Angler
Yak_Angler
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Deepblu505 Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:33 pm

I fished that along time ago , I have been throw out and bitched out by Gus of Gus's Tackle for being in there. It is a private lake it is posted by the Neighborhood Nazi comity. Another fine place to fish that is not public.I think Gus is the only one that really cares. It is called McFadden Pond,Beaver Creek run through it . There is a ramp just off Cliffdale Rd on Waters Edge. I used to catch Bass in there and cat fish over by the restaurant. Haven't been on it in years. as long as you don't park there when Gus go out you should be good with the Hobbie.

You back in town or just cyber fishing?
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

http://aparrotlooksat51.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  joe.plotino Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:39 pm

Deepblu505 wrote:I fished that along time ago , I have been throw out and bitched out by Gus of Gus's Tackle for being in there. It is a private lake it is posted by the Neighborhood Nazi comity. Another fine place to fish that is not public.I think Gus is the only one that really cares. It is called McFadden Pond,Beaver Creek run through it . There is a ramp just off Cliffdale Rd on Waters Edge. I used to catch Bass in there and cat fish over by the restaurant. Haven't been on it in years. as long as you don't park there when Gus go out you should be good with the Hobbie.

You back in town or just cyber fishing?

Too funny. Ya I asked about this place a long time ago and never got up the urge to just get into it. I return in September and when I do, I am putting the Hobie in there. I will just outrun this "Gus" character. I am most likely quicker and in better shape then he is. Make him chase me around the pond. I am doing some cyber fishing. Was on my 2 week break from Apr 2 - 17 and now I am returning to finish the wonderful year long tour. Got some nice fishing in while I was back and caught some really great speckled trout and some small stripers. Cant wait to get back and do some more fishing with you all.
joe.plotino
joe.plotino
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Coach Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Isn't there a river or creek that feeds the lake? If so, how can it be not allowed to be fished if you enter from said creek. Isn't that how the law works? If it is accessible by water you can fish it.
Coach
Coach
Guide

Back to top Go down

Beaver Creek Pond - Fish? Empty Law regarding entering creek

Post  Hoppdevil Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:51 pm

That is true, I use to fish Carolina trace on a regular basis by putting in the creek across the street until they put up a fence under neath the bridge. I also got a ticket(back in my younger days!) for not having a license. The game warden says if there is water coming in and water leaving, it is public water
Hoppdevil
Hoppdevil
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  siggafish Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:46 pm

I have a buddy that lives on the lake and i frequently fish there. It is a pretty good lake for bass and bream but i have caught catfish,crappie,and the occasional yellow perch. My buddy and I usually fish with ul outfits with small crank baits and beetle spins and have a lot of success. Its a pretty fun lake to fish but being that it is private is its downfall if you dont know anyone that lives on the lake.
siggafish
siggafish
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down