Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

New local crappie spot!!!!

4 posters

Go down

New local crappie spot!!!! Empty New local crappie spot!!!!

Post  crappieassassin Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:41 pm

hey guys sorry its been a while since i posted i have been searching for new spots and man did i find a winner!!!!

im not gonna say on here cuz i dont want it fished out i do not mind taking a few people just dont want my spot over fished Very Happy 

so i went out there just to see how i would do a friend had told me about a long time ago but was not available to public at the time so when i got word of it i headed there in a hurry armed with new crappie gear and knowledge i got the yak in the water and tuned on the humminbird and started making fish on stumps not even 40 feet off the ramp!!! 

water wasnt deep so i took my tight lining set up off and switched to a jig and cork 1st cast was a success small 7"er ended that day with a nice stringer and a sweet 15" SLAB!!New local crappie spot!!!! Crappie1_zps661e72d0
well tthen i went back a few days later and got this PIG on a jig and cork and a few small crappie that i let go that dayNew local crappie spot!!!! Crappiehole_zpsa4e23608
and this pic is the tree i caught him of on the FF New local crappie spot!!!! Tree_zps109922e6

then i took a friend out there for his first kayak experiance and man did i!!! lol made me feel bad cuz i wasnt evening trying lol ended the day with 2 over 14" a few 10s and 11s anf the rest where  7.5 to 8.5 they are now in the freezer waiting to meet the oil! going back tomorrow to see if i can get more for thanksgiving
New local crappie spot!!!! Stringer_zpsc3ffeab9

New local crappie spot!!!! Crappie2_zps1aa8b8b1
crappieassassin
crappieassassin
Deckhand

Back to top Go down

New local crappie spot!!!! Empty Re: New local crappie spot!!!!

Post  TIG-Master Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:47 am

crappieassassin wrote:hey guys sorry its been a while since i posted i have been searching for new spots and man did i find a winner!!!!

im not gonna say on here cuz i dont want it fished out i do not mind taking a few people just dont want my spot over fished Very Happy 

so i went out there just to see how i would do a friend had told me about a long time ago but was not available to public at the time so when i got word of it i headed there in a hurry armed with new crappie gear and knowledge i got the yak in the water and tuned on the humminbird and started making fish on stumps not even 40 feet off the ramp!!! 

water wasnt deep so i took my tight lining set up off and switched to a jig and cork 1st cast was a success small 7"er ended that day with a nice stringer and a sweet 15" SLAB!!

New local crappie spot!!!! Crappie1_zps661e72d0

well tthen i went back a few days later and got this PIG on a jig and cork and a few small crappie that i let go that dayNew local crappie spot!!!! Crappiehole_zpsa4e23608
and this pic is the tree i caught him of on the FF New local crappie spot!!!! Tree_zps109922e6

then i took a friend out there for his first kayak experiance and man did i!!! lol made me feel bad cuz i wasnt evening trying lol ended the day with 2 over 14" a few 10s and 11s anf the rest where  7.5 to 8.5 they are now in the freezer waiting to meet the oil! going back tomorrow to see if i can get more for thanksgiving
New local crappie spot!!!! Stringer_zpsc3ffeab9

New local crappie spot!!!! Crappie2_zps1aa8b8b1
Okay nice catch. Would definitely ;like to hook up and fish if possible
TIG-Master
TIG-Master
New Angler

http://wgss.biz

Back to top Go down

Post  crappieassassin Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:25 am

I'm always fishing here lately just shoot me a msg when u want to go
crappieassassin
crappieassassin
Deckhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TIG-Master Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:12 am

crappieassassin wrote:I'm always fishing here lately just shoot me a msg when u want to go
 I am ready anytime this weekend starting on Friday let me know..
TIG-Master
TIG-Master
New Angler

http://wgss.biz

Back to top Go down

Post  crappieassassin Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:47 am

104 tog I'll post more up I'm trying toget a black Friday trip going with a few people
crappieassassin
crappieassassin
Deckhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Backlash Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:20 am

Nice catch! Thanks for making the post, Stephen!  Good to see the information.  Can you tell us a bit about the color and type of jig that you were using?  Are fishing a slip float or a fixed rig?
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  crappieassassin Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:38 am

Thanks I was using a regular cork about 3.5 ft up and a 1/64ths jig head with 1.5" chartreuse tube fishing it very slow I had a even better day yesterday will post later Very Happy
crappieassassin
crappieassassin
Deckhand

Back to top Go down

Post  crappieassassin Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:39 am

Thanks I was using a regular cork about 3.5 ft up and a 1/64ths jig head with 1.5" chartreuse tube fishing it very slow I had a even better day yesterday will post later Very Happy
crappieassassin
crappieassassin
Deckhand

Back to top Go down

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:34 pm

I want in!!!!!!!!!
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down