Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Take a bag with you to the spot

3 posters

Go down

Take a bag with you to the spot Empty Take a bag with you to the spot

Post  Coach Fri May 25, 2012 3:51 pm

On another forum I started a thread 5 years ago by the same name. I still fully believe in this and I think it is something worthwhile that we all can do and it does not take much. We all have bags that come from the various stores we go to that we can fit small amounts of trash into. I hope you will join me in this if we are lucky enough to go out and enjoy mather nature. Here was my original post on that thread:

If you go fishing this weekend take a bag for trash with you. We all pick up our own stuff but we all see those who go out and just have a blatant disregard for the area. Even if it's a foodlion type plastic bag take it with you and fill it up. If you take a trash bag with you fill it at least half way up. This might start something up in the area that you like to fish the most. We've been discussing pollutants and things of that nature and trash is a horrible thing.

So, who's with me?
Coach
Coach
Guide

Back to top Go down

Take a bag with you to the spot Empty Re: Take a bag with you to the spot

Post  Snagged Sat May 26, 2012 7:44 pm

Nicely done, Coach. I second this. In fact, I keep a roll of trashbags in the truck just for this purpose. I almost always pick up whatever trash I see and toss it in the back of the truck, whether or not it's mine. I even found some used brake shoes at Holland Lake the other day. Apparently someone thought to catch fish and change his brakes all in the same spot.

One local lake in particular (not naming names), I get so beatdown by what I see that I can't help but fill up a bag or two and haul it out every time.
Snagged
Snagged
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  bdarby Thu May 31, 2012 10:53 pm

Just did that very thing this last weekend. In fact, I always have a trash bag from the store when I visit one the morning on each trip. It really bugs me how easy it is to clean up after yourself and how few people actually do it.
bdarby
bdarby
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Coach Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:55 pm

Thanks for the help in this. Hope we can make a small difference in what people actions are at the lakes. Be a good role model for our younger generation as well.
Coach
Coach
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down