Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Kayak Fishing 8 May - Results!

5 posters

Go down

Kayak Fishing 8 May - Results! Empty Kayak Fishing 8 May - Results!

Post  joe.plotino Sun May 08, 2011 4:20 pm

Went out this morning with Snagged (Chris) to probably my favorite pond in Fayetteville. Arrived about 6:30 and got right out on the water. Within no time caught 1st fish. Not what I expected.

Kayak Fishing 8 May - Results! P5080001

Then soon after hooked into fish of choice......

Kayak Fishing 8 May - Results! P5080003

Kayak Fishing 8 May - Results! P5080004

Then after another little bit I hooked up to my lochness monster that I saw the last time I fished here. One heck of a nice fish. Spun my kayak 180 degrees in the other direction during the fight.

Kayak Fishing 8 May - Results! P5080005

Then this next fish cost me about $70. Once he got hooked I knocked my brand new ultra-light pole into the water never to be seen again. Mad Searched for a while but no dice. Have to pick up a large treble or something to search another day. Only in 5-6 ft of water but super dark and murcky.

Kayak Fishing 8 May - Results! P5080007

To cap it off caught this Chain Pickerel on my worm. Dont usually catch them on worms but this one hit and stayed....

Kayak Fishing 8 May - Results! P5080009

Overall great day. Chris hooked into a great bass but it got tangled up in the lily vines and popped itself off. I am sure next time he will pull them out no problem. Did some grilling afterwards to cap off a great trip. Thanks for coming with Chris.

Joe

Last edited by joe.plotino on Sun May 08, 2011 4:26 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Change photo)
joe.plotino
joe.plotino
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Kayak Fishing 8 May - Results! Empty Re: Kayak Fishing 8 May - Results!

Post  Snagged Sun May 08, 2011 8:11 pm

Had a real good time out there. This pond is one of those hidden gems, right in the middle of a subdivision. I wish I could have gotten a look at that whale that tied me in the lillies. I want my revenge!

After seeing the way fish were popping and rolling the top of the water, I think I'm going to embark on a quest to get a good fish on the fly rod there. That should be a lot of fun. I just got my new fly reel spooled up the other day, so this pond could be where I break it in right!

Can't wait til next time. Thanks Joe for inviting me out.
Snagged
Snagged
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Tue May 10, 2011 9:18 am

The next time you guys head out to the lake let me know so i can try to me you guys out there! Congrats on all of the fish and thanks for the pics!
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

Post  Deepblu505 Tue May 10, 2011 11:03 am

I am going to have to go with you guys to sometime , sounds like you are fishing very close to my house, I live off Bingham in the Shenandoah area.
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

http://aparrotlooksat51.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  joe.plotino Tue May 10, 2011 12:41 pm

It is only Tuesday but I am planning out next weekend and when and if I can get back out there. I will be attending the Soft Plastics class on Saturday with my daughter so Saturday is not good. Aiming for Sunday but the weather is looking a bit poor. Will keep an eye on it though because the past weekend it threatened with the same and turned out to be gorgeous day. Welcome anyone who wants to try to go with me. I am also very tempted to head down the road and find a way into Arran Lake. Anyone ever fish there? I think it could hold some good fish. Only thing keeping me from going there is the other pond has my friends house which equals bathroom and bbq access. So either Saturday after the class if Sunday is looking horrible or Sunday morning early.

Ha also I will be bringing my snorkle gear to hopefully find my lost pole.
joe.plotino
joe.plotino
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Tue May 10, 2011 7:17 pm

this weekend me and Eddie(Deepblu) are going to be fishing in a catfishing tournament on the cape fear. if you plan something after this weekend let me know!
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

Post  Yak_Angler Thu May 12, 2011 10:36 pm

I wouldn't mind tagging along if you are going Sunday!!!! Let me know! My cell is 919-478-7118 (Jasen) I won't be able to make the soft plastics class since my son has a baseball game and I coach it so if you go let me know!
Yak_Angler
Yak_Angler
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  joe.plotino Thu May 12, 2011 10:49 pm

Alright Sunday is looking better for me also except for the weather forecast. Saying 60% thunderstorms. Usually I get out there super early so I pretty much avoid any weather that may develop during the day. I need to get over there again to snorkle and find my pole. So for now plan on Sunday early. I like to be on the water by 0630. Ill call on Saturday to make meet up plans.
joe.plotino
joe.plotino
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Yak_Angler Fri May 13, 2011 10:28 am

Right on! Look forward to it!
Yak_Angler
Yak_Angler
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  joe.plotino Fri May 13, 2011 2:48 pm

Updated forecast today and it is looking like great weather. Calling for high of 81 and 10% chance of rain. If you know on Bingham where the new Food Lion is there then can plan on meeting at 6am. Sunrise is at 6:12am. If you dont wanna get up that early thats fine just let me know. I like to go early because like Snagged will tell you the time flew by last week. We got out there at 6:30am and next thing we check the time and it is 11:30am. I will bring some lunch to throw on the bbq, probably a pack of bratwurst.

If anything changes I will call.
joe.plotino
joe.plotino
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Deepblu505 Fri May 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Good Luck Joe hope yall have a good Day. I really got to get up with you, I live just around the corner from that new Food Lion.
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  joe.plotino Fri May 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Deepblu505 wrote:Good Luck Joe hope yall have a good Day. I really got to get up with you, I live just around the corner from that new Food Lion.

Most certainly. I have already admitted to many that I have a problem.......the first step right?.......that I cannot go a day without throwing a lure into water. Lucky I have great spots close to both home and work.

May have some open afternoons this week to get some fishing done. Dont know what peoples schedules are like.

Todays fish in the boiling 87 degrees after work. Actually caught a few on the fly rod and was reminded how amazingly frustrating using a fly rod is at times.

Kayak Fishing 8 May - Results! P5130001
joe.plotino
joe.plotino
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Yak_Angler Sat May 14, 2011 9:36 pm

sounds good! I will meet at the Food Lion!!
Yak_Angler
Yak_Angler
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Deepblu505 Sun May 15, 2011 12:36 pm

Joe I have most afternoons open this week , with the possible exception of Thursday might try the rive r Thursday night. So let me know if you go out this week. Also have all the morning open this week.
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down