Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Your input is needed for our 2013 FAAN Events

5 posters

Go down

Your input is needed for our 2013 FAAN Events Empty Your input is needed for our 2013 FAAN Events

Post  Backlash Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:59 am

Hey folks,

We're already closing in on the end of the year and time to begin in earnest to think about what activities and events that we want to do as an organization. The link below to the 2012 calendar includes the FAAN events and other fishing events that our members supported or took part in, this past year. The 2013 calendar includes activities that I am currently aware that we may wish to schedule our events around in the coming year. I would like to hear you comments and suggestions for our events, however, my greatest hope is that some of you might see some areas were you would like to begin to take the lead in and help us to provide more quality programs for the local fishing community. With that said, I would like to thank Ed & Sharon Mathis, Al Kittredge, Art and Joan Ingalls, Eric Laprad, Bobby Parker, Chris Hall and John Smith for their support and participation in this past year's events. Thank you!!!!

2012 Calendar

2013 Calendar
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

Your input is needed for our 2013 FAAN Events Empty Re: Your input is needed for our 2013 FAAN Events

Post  Deepblu505 Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:30 pm

Thanks Tom for posting this: Some of the programs I really liked from last year were the Tackle Swap Meet , the Margarita Party and the Surf Fishing clinic. I do belive these should be SOP for us.

That being said I had a thought about the surf fishing clinic. What if we did that at the beach where we could actually fish and put into action what we learned.

Or have the clinic as usual and then plan a surf fishing trip to one of the beaches near the mil camping or cheap rooms ie Onslo beach or Kure Beach? As a surf fishing trip it would loose alot of the hasles of where to luanch the boats, and I think it would be fun.

What do yall Think?
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

http://aparrotlooksat51.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Your input is needed for our 2013 FAAN Events Empty Re: Your input is needed for our 2013 FAAN Events

Post  bparker Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:20 pm

Great idea on the surf fishing clinic, Eddie. I think it would be a real hoot! You are talking about how to set a sand spike, cut bait, read a beach, fish holes and sloughs, keep sand out of your gear, and cast into the wind that is forever in your face. Great idea!

A couple of years ago we held a crappie fishing event on Shearon Harris in the spring. I thought it was a great idea to bring folks from the "club" together to enjoy a day of fishing. We should have enough boats to accomodate everyone. We could even run Tom's Tournament until a designated time, say noon, declare a winner, and then fun fish!

Rod building, reel maintenance, kayak accoutrement building, and boating safety are all great topics too! When you receive more input from the members, Tom, perhaps a schedule could be suggested?

bparker
Deckhand

Back to top Go down

Post  breynolds Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi Guys,

Great ideas and I am looking forward to them. All I have is what about a fishing terminology program, or when to use a certain lure vs another, or a certain type of line etc. I have been stopped several times at work and other places and asked what this or that type of rig (ex. Texas, Carolina) is or when to fish with a certain bait/lure. Hope to be out on the water with all again soon.

breynolds
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Backlash Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:09 am

Thanks for the input, guys. These are all fine ideas. Hopefully, we can get more discussion about our activities here.
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Coach Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:16 pm

I like all the ideas as well. I really liked the tackle swap. It was a great thing. Maybe mother nature would cooperate with us this year. I like the spring fishing trip also, always a good time getting out fishing with you guys. Would like to see something on fishing small water done also since that is what we have around Fayetteville and what most of us fish. Other then that I'm game for whatever y'all want to do.

Also, would like to say that I get busy and don't always come to this site but please keep me in the loop for events. Especially you guys who have my number and can text me. I'd like to participate more then I do. I start my principal's degree in the spring but want to be as active as that will allow me to be.
Coach
Coach
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down