Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

2012 Surf Fishing Clinic report

4 posters

Go down

2012 Surf Fishing Clinic report Empty 2012 Surf Fishing Clinic report

Post  Backlash Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:40 pm

We had a great time at our Surf Fishing Clinic and a great turn out. I have to say thanks to Bobby Parker for providing his expertise and equipment to help a number people cast a long surf rod for the first time. Bobby was assisted by tournament surf caster, Robert Hudak who is also a member of the Carolina Surf Casting Association and regularly competes in casting for disatance. With their help we were all able to learn more about a combination of heavy bait and lead beyond the breakers.

Ed Mathis put together a fantastic presentation for rigging and tying knots in which the participants learned how to put it all together. Assisted by Capt. Chris Medlin, Ed covered rigging essentials such clinch knots surgeon's knots and carolina rigs. Additionally, Chris Medlin gave a very informative presentation about where to find fish and surf fishing opportunites around Topsail Island.

Finally, at the cast net station participants learned how select a cast net based on the bait that they will target and how to take care of the net when not in use.

Thanks to Chris Hall for conducting the sign in and tickets for our door prizes. Stan Peters was the winner of the door prize of an assortment of lead weights from Pete's Sink-Hers.

2012 Surf Fishing Clinic report Ed_mat10

Ed Mathis instructing knots and rigging

2012 Surf Fishing Clinic report Chris_11

Chris Medlin instructs Barry Kenner in preparing to cast a net

2012 Surf Fishing Clinic report Chris_12

Chris showing how it's done!

2012 Surf Fishing Clinic report Cara_f10

Kyle Hall and Cara Franks work on making the first cast

2012 Surf Fishing Clinic report Bparke10

The day was not without its professional over runs courtesy of our instructor, Bobby Parker.

Again, thanks to all of the FAAN members who helped make this a fun learning experience for everyone.

Tom Carpenter
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

2012 Surf Fishing Clinic report Empty Surf Fishing Clinic

Post  bparker Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:26 pm

Many thanks to Tom Carpenter and all the folks that made this event a great learning and fun experience for everyone!

bparker
Deckhand

Back to top Go down

2012 Surf Fishing Clinic report Empty Re: 2012 Surf Fishing Clinic report

Post  Paula Carlson Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:42 pm

And I hate that I missed this. Sad In-laws were in town and I had to work all weekend. Glad it was a good time for those who could attend though! Smile
Paula Carlson
Paula Carlson
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Coach Wed May 02, 2012 11:04 am

Sorry I missed this. The wife's van had needed new shoes in the back. I checked them Friday night and there were radial wires showing on one of them. Can't have the family riding on dangerous rubber.
Coach
Coach
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down