Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Smith River TU - 2014 Calendar of Events

3 posters

Go down

Smith River TU - 2014 Calendar of Events Empty Smith River TU - 2014 Calendar of Events

Post  al k Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:54 pm

Details for events will be in expanded announcements as things are finalized. Meeting agendas are still being finalized and will be announced as well.

This info will be posted to the www.smithrivertu.com site and site calendar as well as the SRTU Facebook page.

March 6, Regular Meeting, featured program is Gear Review (show and tell, rod set up, bags, vests, fly boxes, etc.). Got something that works great for you? Show us.

March 29, Project Healing Waters Event, Henry Co., we’ll provide angler assistance at this PHW sanctioned event, details to follow

April 12, River Clean Up w/ Gateway, area and details to follow

May 16-18, Lyin’, Tyin’ and Fishing, Bassett Cabin along the Smith, details to follow, limited to 18 participants, details to follow shortly

June 7, Regular Meeting, moved to Saturday and streamside, Fish with A Friend Event and lunch, details to follow, Scott Griffin is lead

June 20-22, Grayson Highlands Fishing and Camping Trip, Grindstone Campground again,  Doug Jessie is lead

July 19, SRTU River Clean Up, a portion of the upper Smith, lunch follows, Al Kittredge is lead

August 9, Smith River Fest, looking for a lead for our display

September 4, Regular Meeting, Fly Tying

December 4, Regular Meeting, Health of The Smith Report from VDGIF

al k
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Smith River TU - 2014 Calendar of Events Empty Re: Smith River TU - 2014 Calendar of Events

Post  Deepblu505 Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:48 am

Thanks for posting this Al . I need to get up there some this year and do some fishing.  Maybe able to get up for some of the events or clean ups as well.
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

http://aparrotlooksat51.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Smith River TU - 2014 Calendar of Events Empty Re: Smith River TU - 2014 Calendar of Events

Post  Luni Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:04 pm

Oh man I've been trying to get up to Grayson Highlands since I first saw pictures of it on a motorcycle ride report.  Camping and fishing would be a hell of an introduction.
Luni
Luni
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  al k Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:32 am

Just another heads up!

Smith River TU meeting is set for Thursday, March 6th at 6:30, Rania’s Restaurant, Martinsville.

We will be featuring a Gear Review. Have a rod/reel/line/leader setup that works great for you? Come show it off and tell us why.

What kind of vest/pack arrangement works for you? How do you arrange your fly boxes? What floatant works and what indicator system do you use? Split shot set up? Dry/droppers?

All of this and more. It’s a show and tell program, so please participate!

Also, we have a whopper schedule set. Especially for the next 4-5 months. We will discuss details of our first Project Healing Waters event, stream side meeting, river clean ups, Camping and fishing Trip to Grayson area, and our first Lyin’, Tyin’ and Fishin’ event to be held in may.

Lots of good stuff, see you there!

al k
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Deepblu505 Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:01 am

Sounds great Al keep us posted . I want to try to make some of these events. Had time a great time in WNC trout fishing last week. I realized that I have a  lot to learn.
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  al k Sat May 10, 2014 9:21 pm

For you folks who want to go fishing next weekend we have a deal for you. Lying & Tying at the Bassett Cabin and opportunity to learn enough about the Smith to do some of your own posting about it on this forum.

The Smith is fishing good right now. They stocked both sections with 9-12 inch rainbows about a week ago and there is probably one more stocking before June - maybe next week. Tons of browns and the sulphur hatch is on so there is something for everyone.

Here is cut and paste from SRTU FB page:

May 16-18, Lyin’, Tyin’ and Fishing on the Smith River

SRTU is sponsoring the shindig.
Fish during the day and tie after dark in the Bassett Cabin along the Smith.
Limited to about 18 participants/campers, you can fully participate without camping (but NO drinking and driving!).
Open to one and all! Cost will be about $20 and will cover basic supplies and a BBQ dinner Saturday evening, other meals are on your own.
The cabin is rustic, with a very basic kitchen with frig, stove, deep fryer, griddle/grill. It has running water & electricity, but no heat or cooling.
8 twin size bunk beds upstairs, no linens. Two screened sleeping porches (w/4 available mattresses in the upper porch).
One large tying/socializing room on the first. Nice outhouse out back and a horseshoe pit and level area for tents by the river.
Water directly in front of the cabin is the upper stocked area of the Smith. Old special regs area is downstream 1 mi.
Contact Shane Pinkston for sign up and details: shanepink1@gmail.com  

You can also contact me if you want more details - I'm heading up on Thursday afternoon to help set it up. I have a dumbphone and respond to emails if you contact me at aakitt@earthlink.net

al k
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Deepblu505 Sun May 11, 2014 9:00 am

I would love to go up and camp for this.  Thanks for the invite Al.
Does anyone want to car pool?
I would be glad to pay for the gas . If not I will just drive the dully up there.
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down