Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Kayak Wars offical Post

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kayak Wars offical Post - Page 2 Empty Kayak Wars offical Post

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:04 am

First topic message reminder :

This is going to be our official place to post our kayak wars team success! Here we can post pics and how our team is doing. Luni started us out with some nice fish on the opening day of the WARS! Also Tim caught some nice reds to add more points for us. I am going to have a running score for our team.

KayakWars Team FAAN
AnglerNamePoints
RedspringsfishermanStephen Fields210
NCPIERMANTim Taramelli1995
07_hemi_thunderroadRobert Harber370
Deepblu505Eddie Mathis65
LuniAdam Siegel90

Team FANN total: 2730 points

North East - Region 3
Team Standings (Top 5)
1. Kayak Fishing Alliance                                                                 3000
2. FAAN                                                                                         2730
3. Blacksheepshead Squadon                                                           2505
4. Nacho FIsh                                                                                 2490
5. Bassholes                                                                                   2375

Last edited by 07_hemi_thunderroad on Fri May 02, 2014 5:23 pm; edited 13 times in total
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

Kayak Wars offical Post - Page 2 Empty Re: Kayak Wars offical Post

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Fri May 02, 2014 5:24 pm

Updated! We are only 270 points away from 1st place!
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

Post  Luni Fri May 02, 2014 9:58 pm

Crappieassassin and I are heading to Upchurch tomorrow for bass and carp.  Carp give themselves away but I really want to keep track of the bass.  Taking a friend from school out for his first time fishing from a kayak next Thursday and I really want to figure out the bass so I can get him on some good fish.  I talked him into getting the same 13 Fishing spinning set up that I have.  Using a wacky rig hook direct to braid it's interchangeable between a stick bait and a bread ball.  He's also gonna get the pocket frog which will be a perfect small topwater for that rod.  I have one but haven't tossed it and I'd like to try it out.  Also got some new chatterbaits and spinner baits I need to try.  I really want to figure out punching mats.

Should be a pretty entertaining 3 rod 3 technique day. Never fished a wacky rig, never punched mats, never caught a chatterbait fish.  Time to see if I can catch something on all 3.
Luni
Luni
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Deepblu505 Fri May 02, 2014 11:13 pm

Luni if you go after the carp there you had better take a pretty heavy rod , today they were bending my heavy rod in half almost and pulling like a freight train.
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

http://aparrotlooksat51.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Luni Fri May 02, 2014 11:25 pm

I was catching them pretty good on a medium/fast 13 black omen spinning rod.  It's the heaviest rod I have that will cast a bread ball.  They put a good bend on the rod but I was controlling them well with 10lbs braid and a respectful drag setting.  I didn't get into trouble until they hung up under a dock or in cover.

13 rods seem to run a little stiffer than others.  My 13 MH casting is comparable to my BPS H casting.  In open water there wouldn't be a problem.  A 20" fish tight to cover would be a real challenge to land successfully.
Luni
Luni
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Luni Fri May 09, 2014 8:10 am

Got my 50 points from yesterday uploaded.  We're 25 points behind Team Nacho.  Someone needs to give those dudes a lesson on measuring fish.  The width of your thumb is not included in the measurement.  They have 1 crappie that should count for points and more than a couple other fish that are off the bump board to hit length.  I'm as guilty as anyone of having my fish grips or a finger in the way in a bad picture but a fish that's a 1/4 inch short will get a few choice words before being tossed back to grow up.  I thought everyone learned at the beginning of the tournament that putting up real points draws scrutiny  Rolling Eyes
Luni
Luni
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2