Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Lake upchurch search

4 posters

Go down

Lake upchurch search Empty Lake upchurch search

Post  crappieassassin Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:34 pm

Hey guy gonna try and get a crappie expidition out on the lake to find those tasty critters  since it's a little easier access than a few of my other spots I've been going to I do have a private place we can use but I think I can only have a total of 3 cars out there if youbwouldnlike to join in on the effort so we can find a lake closer than Sharon Harris let me know if anyone wants to go thanks guy!
crappieassassin
crappieassassin
Deckhand

Back to top Go down

Lake upchurch search Empty Re: Lake upchurch search

Post  Luni Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:04 pm

After plenty of time on the water and a lot of research I finally decided on a Cuda 12 for my new boat and a short craigslist search found a great deal up by Raleigh.  Picking it up tomorrow and I will definitely be on the water Sunday. Haven't decided where yet but Upchurch would be a great place to slime the new boat.
Luni
Luni
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:04 am

I am looking to fish on Sunday also! What time on Sunday do you guys plan on fishing UpChurch? There are a lot of nice crappie in there! Luni you are going to love your Cuda! I own a Cuda 14 and it is a fishing machine!
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

Post  Luni Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:14 am

I worked my way through reviews for all the SOT 12 foot fishing yaks but just couldn't beat the layout and features on the Cuda, especially for the price.  Friend of mine has a Big Tuna up in Jersey and loves it.  Found fishing reports of Cuda 12s off shore and running rivers.  I'll finally be able to stand and fish and it's got plenty of space to bring the pup with me when the weather warms back up.  Without a doubt it'll be better than the 10ft sit-in I've been using.

I've never fished for crappie before but I have an ultra light rod and a rod holder.  I was thinking about picking up some new jerkbaits and some shaky heads and trying to pull up a chunker from the bottom of the lake.  I've never fished Upchurch so I'll be following you guys around.

Looks like we've got a crew for Sunday!  Set a time and place and we'll be there.
Luni
Luni
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:04 pm

I like to use live minnows to start hunting crappie! I also like to use a tiny curly tail jig once I find them with the minnows. I am going to be stopping by Gus's bait and Tackle before I hit the water on UpChurch. What time is going to be good for you guys?
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Luni Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:50 pm

I can do as early as you want. If you guys go for a late start I might put in at a pond near there and kill some time.
Luni
Luni
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:19 pm

I am going to try to be there around 8 - 9 in the morning. I hope the weather turns out to be a lot better than this rain we are getting tonight!
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Luni Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:49 pm

Deal. I'll be at gus's by 9. Crappieassassin I think I've got your number in a pm. I'm all about a free launch onto upchurch.
Luni
Luni
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:07 pm

Did you guys make it out? I was on the water by 10am and had a good time hunting crappie. I land 8 crappie and 1 LM Bass. Here is a link to my report:

https://fayettevilleanglers.forumotion.com/t878-lake-upchurch-15-dec-2013#3450
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Luni Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:39 pm

I was 10 minutes ahead of you all morning.  I was running late so I drove past Gus's at 920 and didn't see a kayak there so I headed over to the Waldo's ramp figuring you might have already left.  Conditions looked miserable and I couldn't find you so I got a hold of crappieassassin and we met up the gamelands.  I PMed you my phone number a while back.  I can send it again, would have made stuff a little easier this morning.  I drove for an hour and half to end up at a pond 10 minutes away  Shocked 

We were on the water around 1030/11.  It was a really slow bite.  Crappie were only hitting when a cloud rolled through.  The bass just decided to take the day off.  I tossed weightless plastics in the shallows, dragged a shaky head through the deep stuff, and worked the entire damn pond with a couple different crankbaits.  End of the day crappieassassin got 3 crappie in the boat and had I don't remember how many come off and I was able to get 1 crappie (my first) when I stopped chasing ghost bass, enough to get the skunk off and slime the new yak.

Lake upchurch search IMAG0402_zpspna1d6qiLake upchurch search IMAG0401_zps3wyfgdop
Luni
Luni
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  crappieassassin Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:48 pm

idk why my phone hasnt went off with all these notifications and we all could have met up and done some fishing out there ill have to ask tom about that one we all need to get numbers together so we can better cordinate next time posting report here in just a min
crappieassassin
crappieassassin
Deckhand

Back to top Go down

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:16 pm

I will pm you guys my number so we can make sure we can meet up and hit a honey hole! I will be going out of town to Indiana from the 19th - 30th of December for Christmas and I look forward to fishing in 2014 with you guys! Luni very nice Cuda! You are going to love it! Let me know if you have any rigging questions!
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Luni Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:20 pm

I'm heading north Friday and won't be back til after New Years.  Looking forward to days getting longer.  I'm loving the new boat.  Between the high seat and having a super stable platform to stand from it's going to totally change how I fish. I'm picking up some jigs and flipping hooks and craws and hitting the water hard in January.
Luni
Luni
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  crappieassassin Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:10 am

Sounds good guys y'all be safe and I look forward to fishing with y'all hemi any certain sports I need to try out there on the lake land what color curly tails did u use?
crappieassassin
crappieassassin
Deckhand

Back to top Go down

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:29 pm

crappieassassin wrote:Sounds good guys y'all be safe and I look forward to fishing with y'all hemi any certain sports I need to try out there on the lake land what color curly tails did u use?

I was fishing in the channel by the boat ramp and right across the ramp I found a channel that was 17.5 to 22 feet deep. I dropped my rig and drifted over the channel at a slow speed. I was using minnows all day. But when I do get them in the lake I use a cream color tube with yellow legs or a yellow curly tail. Let me know if you have anymore questions. I look forward to fishing with you and Luni a lot this year!
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

Back to top Go down

Lake upchurch search Empty Would like to Join

Post  TIG-Master Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:38 pm

07_hemi_thunderroad wrote:I will pm you guys my number so we can make sure we can meet up and hit a honey hole! I will be going out of town to Indiana from the 19th - 30th of December for Christmas and I look forward to fishing in 2014 with you guys! Luni very nice Cuda! You are going to love it! Let me know if you have any rigging questions!
Hay guys if you would not mine another yak along send me a message when you all are back in. thanks
TIG-Master
TIG-Master
New Angler

http://wgss.biz

Back to top Go down

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:26 am

TIG-Master wrote:
07_hemi_thunderroad wrote:I will pm you guys my number so we can make sure we can meet up and hit a honey hole! I will be going out of town to Indiana from the 19th - 30th of December for Christmas and I look forward to fishing in 2014 with you guys! Luni very nice Cuda! You are going to love it! Let me know if you have any rigging questions!
Hay guys if you would not mine another yak along send me a message when you all are back in. thanks

I sure will!
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down