Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

2012 Waldo's Beach Fishing and Swimming Info

+3
bdarby
07_hemi_thunderroad
BenB
7 posters

Go down

2012 Waldo's Beach Fishing and Swimming Info Empty 2012 Waldo's Beach Fishing and Swimming Info

Post  BenB Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:13 am

Beginning April 1, 2012 the Fishing Pier will be open, weekends only, from dawn until dusk.

The boat ramp is on call only. Call Mr. Roy at 910-818-2618 to schedule a time.

The swimming area will open May 26, 2012. It will be open, weekends only, from 10am-7pm. The swimming area will be open daily, beginning June 9, 2012.
BenB
BenB
Deckhand

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ben-Bryant-Amateur-Bass-Angler/357

Back to top Go down

2012 Waldo's Beach Fishing and Swimming Info Empty Re: 2012 Waldo's Beach Fishing and Swimming Info

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:04 pm

THanks for the info!
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

2012 Waldo's Beach Fishing and Swimming Info Empty Lake Upchurch question.

Post  bdarby Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:37 pm

How do you get on the lake if you do not live there, and you do not want to pay $10 every time you launch a boat? I have a 12' sears game fisher and mostly like to just float around and catch and release fish.

bdarby
bdarby
New Angler

Back to top Go down

2012 Waldo's Beach Fishing and Swimming Info Empty Re: Lake Upchurch question.

Post  BenB Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:33 pm

I am planning to talk to a friend of mine about allowing FAAN members use of his ramp. It sits on a vacant lot so I may be able to work a clean-up deal or something of the sort in exchange for access. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

If any FAAN officials object, please let me know. The last thing I want to do is step on any toes. Very Happy

Last edited by BenB on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
BenB
BenB
Deckhand

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ben-Bryant-Amateur-Bass-Angler/357

Back to top Go down

2012 Waldo's Beach Fishing and Swimming Info Empty Re: 2012 Waldo's Beach Fishing and Swimming Info

Post  Snagged Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:04 pm

I'd love to fish Upchurch, but with me and my bud in kayaks, that's 20 bucks to launch at Waldo's. But with that being a local lake, we'd be making alot of trips out there fairly regularly. That can get pricey real quick. Don't get me wrong; I don't mind paying to launch under certain conditions, but 10 bucks a pop will add up real quick if you're going out multiple times a week.
Snagged
Snagged
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

2012 Waldo's Beach Fishing and Swimming Info Empty kayaks

Post  MOLE Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:44 am

They won’t let you use the waldo's beach part to launch
kayaks even if you pay the money. They informed me that kayaks are considered pleasure
crafts and are not allowed and that the only way would be to use a private property to
launch from.
MOLE
MOLE
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Backlash Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:48 am

That's crazy!! What kind of crap is that? What do they think that a bass boat is?
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

2012 Waldo's Beach Fishing and Swimming Info Empty he thinks he owns the lake

Post  bpg Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:22 am

i am also looking into getting us a place on the the lake ... even if i have to buy one !!! when i used the the ramp and was taking my boat out he wanted to check my catch to make sure i wasnt keeping to many he told me that he placed his own limit on fish taken .i like that he is taking care of the fish but he is going about it the wrong way .. have not used it after that . i will know tonight if we for sure have a place to put in i will get with benb and we will make this happen ..
bpg
bpg
New Angler

Back to top Go down

2012 Waldo's Beach Fishing and Swimming Info Empty So.....Who owns the lake?

Post  bdarby Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:01 am

Is it a public lake? Do the friendly people who chose to live around the lake own it? Does the Waldo's Beach area include the boat ramp? What does the NC wildlife commission say about the lake? The way I see it from my small viewpoint is the lake is used by Camp Rockfish, Waldo's Beach, of course the people who live around the lake, and those of us who wish to enjoy a good day of fishing.

I met a young man who said he owns the land up river from the lake. He mentioned someone who allows people to launch from his house for $2. Not sure where this person lives but I would pay $2.
bdarby
bdarby
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Snagged Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:06 pm

I gotta say that really rubs me raw. I know it's a private lake and I get that, but if that's the attitude of the owner of the beach area, then I'd rather go take my yak and flyrod to the neighbor's backyard pool than to go out there.
Snagged
Snagged
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:39 pm

I called the phone # of the boat ramp and talked to the guy everyone is talking about. I asked him if he would charge a yearly fee at a discount rate and he really didn't understand anything i was saying! He just keep talking about the 10 dollar fee only on the weekend and he kept asking me if i owned a fishing boat or if i was going to ski. I am hoping someone finds someone that will let us use there land or ramp!
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down