Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Looking to yakfish the Jacksonville area

3 posters

Go down

Looking to yakfish the Jacksonville area Empty Looking to yakfish the Jacksonville area

Post  Snagged Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Looks like I'll be making a work related trip to the Jacksonville/Camp Lejeune area in late October and I'm looking for some tips on yakfishing spots in that area (I've never been there). Any input is welcome!
Snagged
Snagged
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Looking to yakfish the Jacksonville area Empty Re: Looking to yakfish the Jacksonville area

Post  Deepblu505 Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:16 pm

Chris if you put in at the ramp by the USO club there is great grass banks to fish, also the ramp on Camp Lejeune by the rec club, fishing the creek right across the bay is good for trout.
[img]Looking to yakfish the Jacksonville area Camp_l10[/img]
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

http://aparrotlooksat51.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Looking to yakfish the Jacksonville area Empty Re: Looking to yakfish the Jacksonville area

Post  john p smith Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:05 am

Snagged wrote:Looks like I'll be making a work related trip to the Jacksonville/Camp Lejeune area in late October and I'm looking for some tips on yakfishing spots in that area (I've never been there). Any input is welcome!

If you don't mind traveling a little to Cherry Point or Havlock on 70, Turn left in city at the light that you see KFC on the right and Cherry Point gate will be to the left. That is hwy 101. Take it down till you see a blinking light and a fire station. Turn left there and cross the bridge. Park on side of the road and get to fishing. Flounder to black drum is in there all year. It is best to go down the road and turn around and then park . Make sure you have both fresh and saltwater license. Another good spot is Sneeds Ferry in which one of the gates at Camp Lejeune comes out at that bridge. Be aware of the American Alligator at Lejeune.
john p smith
john p smith
New Angler

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1209322284361&set=vb.15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down