Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Fishing lake upchurch Saturday april14 2012

Go down

Fishing lake upchurch Saturday april14 2012 Empty Fishing lake upchurch Saturday april14 2012

Post  Hoppdevil Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:04 pm

New to the site however, I've been fishing Fayetteville for years. I never had a reason to go out to lake upchurch because I was fishing with a bass club. Now I'm boat less , three boys in school and full time job had to give that up for awhile. I live out near gates four and have a few bank fishing spots for bass in and around town. Looking forward to being an active member and sharing spots and pictures. So, tomorrow my friend and I are biting the bullet to rent a boat for all day. $40 bucks.. Ouch! Catch and release only, how are the numbers there? Bass in the 5lb range to be caught? Thanks, fishing report will come tomorrow!
Hoppdevil
Hoppdevil
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Fishing lake upchurch Saturday april14 2012 Empty Fishing report

Post  Hoppdevil Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:11 pm

Well, for the first time on the lake wasn't too bad of a day. I have never fished it before so I started out with a pop'r and a crankbait to cover some water. The water was about a foot low from Friday from what I was told and I didn't have a temp guage but it seemed to be in the 60 range. The fish were not very active. Caught 5 bass, biggest was about two lbs and one pike, that was about 3lbs. I'll post a pic of the pike in a lil while. I caught 4 bass on the crankbait, all around docks and brush and 1 on a spinnerbaits around brush as well. At least for me I didn't catch any in the grass. The pattern for me today was facing the wind and hitting as much cover with my crankbait. Most fish bit on the pause or after making contact. The pike hit my spinnerbaits along the shore around some cover about a foot from the shore. All of the bass were in 4-6 foot and around the ends of the docks or the submerged brush off the bank. I caught most of the fish off the main lake and not back in the creek. I did not see one bed on the lake in the shallows, not sure if it hasn't happened or I missed it but no empty beds either. Well, hope that helps!!! Tight lines!
Hoppdevil
Hoppdevil
New Angler

Back to top Go down