Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Texas Pond? I'll Return -- but with a Canoe

2 posters

Go down

Texas Pond? I'll Return -- but with a Canoe Empty Texas Pond? I'll Return -- but with a Canoe

Post  Mike Davis Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:16 pm

One evening, 'bout a month back -- at dusk, I tried flippin' some spinners & a small frog-alike off the bank next to the dam. Only snagged great gobs of the moss that extended 12~15 feet out from the bank.

I've heard that paddling a canoe up near the other end of the pond, 'bout the same time of day, has produced some Large Mouth that were "...truly deserving of Respect!"

Can't wait to give it try,
Mike

Last edited by Mike Davis on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Formatting)
Mike Davis
Mike Davis
New Angler

http://www.VET-NET.org

Back to top Go down

Texas Pond? I'll Return -- but with a Canoe Empty Re: Texas Pond? I'll Return -- but with a Canoe

Post  dboreliz Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:53 pm

Texas is almost impossible to fish without a boat. I went there 2 days ago during lunch, for a half hour, and found only 1 spot where I could cast over the vegetation. I would love to get out on it with a canoe...big bass are for sure hiding in there.

Oh yea, I didn't hook into anything but had several nice grabs on a black and purple 6" zoom.
dboreliz
dboreliz
New Angler

Back to top Go down