Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Kayak Fishing on the Genessee River, NY

3 posters

Go down

Kayak Fishing on the Genessee River, NY Empty Kayak Fishing on the Genessee River, NY

Post  Yak_Angler Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Just wanted to share a kayak trip that my dad(Steve), son(Bryce), and I took on the Genessee River in New York. We started talking about May about doing a paddle down a river somewhere in upstate NY. We had a couple of rivers in mind, Tioga, Erie Canal, and a couple of more but about a week before the trip we decided that we would do the Genesse. My dad scouted the river and found that it would be calm enough for my son to go down, our only concern was the it has been a very dry season up there, so the water was down quite a bit. Oh well! We hit it and man was it fun! There is nothing like spending time with your father and son doing some paddling and fishing.

When we arrived up there, I immediately did some scouting, talked to a lot of locals and come to find out this is smallmouth and trout country. I grew up in Southwest Virginia(Patrick County) near Martinsville trout fishing. So when I moved down here and the trout fishing is nonexistent. I decided that since I have never been smallmouth fishing that I would give it a shot. I have always heard that they are fiesty little fish and let me tell you, WOW! I fell in love!

In short we had a good time, 22 smalleys on the first day, 15 the second, and couple on the third! What a great time!

I will have pics to follow!

Yak_Angler
Yak_Angler
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Kayak Fishing on the Genessee River, NY Empty Re: Kayak Fishing on the Genessee River, NY

Post  Yak_Angler Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:47 pm

I will post pics if someone can help me with the process!!!
Yak_Angler
Yak_Angler
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Kayak Fishing on the Genessee River, NY Empty Re: Kayak Fishing on the Genessee River, NY

Post  Backlash Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:41 pm

one way is to click on the image icon on the toolbar above the textbox and insert the link back to a public access picture server such as Picasa, Flickr, or other account that you may have. The second is to click on the host an image icon, click browse and select a file from your computer, click host it to upload the image, then copy the image url and paste it into the textbox.
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yak_Angler Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Kayak Fishing on the Genessee River, NY 100_3213

Kayak Fishing on the Genessee River, NY 100_3214

Kayak Fishing on the Genessee River, NY 100_3215

Kayak Fishing on the Genessee River, NY 100_3216
Yak_Angler
Yak_Angler
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Yak_Angler Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Thanks Backlash!!!
Yak_Angler
Yak_Angler
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Backlash Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:17 am

By the way, Thanks for the report. Looks like you had a great time. We are always interested in learning more about our members fishing background and their experiences.
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Deepblu505 Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:32 pm

Thanks for the report and the pictures . Looks like a great time.
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

http://aparrotlooksat51.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down