Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Good place to purchase a fishing kayak

3 posters

Go down

Good place to purchase a fishing kayak Empty Good place to purchase a fishing kayak

Post  dboreliz Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:45 pm

Well, I have been thinking about taking the plunge and buying a fishing kayak to get on the smaller lakes on post to see what all the rave is about. Since I mainly fish from my boat, I really don't want to spend $600-$800 on a new kayak. I have checked Craigslist but didn't see anything that I liked. Anyone know any wholesale or overstock places to pick one up at a reasonable price?
dboreliz
dboreliz
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Good place to purchase a fishing kayak Empty Re: Good place to purchase a fishing kayak

Post  Coach Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:33 pm

Dick's will sell floor models sometimes for cheap. Also, should be putting things on sale soon. Also, Wally World sells a cheap one online. Free shipping site to store. Cost is $499
Coach
Coach
Guide

Back to top Go down

Good place to purchase a fishing kayak Empty Re: Good place to purchase a fishing kayak

Post  Snagged Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:48 pm

I know a few places you check off the top of my head, some as close as Raleigh, others out towards Greensboro or Wilmington.  Most all of them have demo/rental fleets for sale this time of year at discounted prices as well.

I'm in the market right now for my second kayak so I'm planning on doing tons of research before I buy this time.  My best advice is try as many as you can before you buy.  All of the companies listed below have demo days where you can try out any of their boats at no charge, and some of them have rentals available that you can take out for a small fee.  One of the company owners even let me take his personal yak out last weekend for a few hours of fishing.  Once you've tried out a few and have an idea of what you want, keep an eye out on Craigslist and demo boat closeouts.  Patience is the key and you should be able to find a great deal.

Here's a few companies to check:
Great Outdoor Provision Company
Hook Like and Paddle
Get Outdoors
Snagged
Snagged
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down