Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

I'm offering up $10.00 to start a "Guest Speaker's Fund"

+2
Backlash
Mike Davis
6 posters

Go down

Would You be Willing to Help Fund Visits/Presentations by Jerry Dilsaver and/or Other Anglers Like Him?

I'm offering up $10.00 to start a "Guest Speaker's Fund" I_vote_lcap0%I'm offering up $10.00 to start a "Guest Speaker's Fund" I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
I'm offering up $10.00 to start a "Guest Speaker's Fund" I_vote_lcap0%I'm offering up $10.00 to start a "Guest Speaker's Fund" I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
I'm offering up $10.00 to start a "Guest Speaker's Fund" I_vote_lcap56%I'm offering up $10.00 to start a "Guest Speaker's Fund" I_vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]
I'm offering up $10.00 to start a "Guest Speaker's Fund" I_vote_lcap44%I'm offering up $10.00 to start a "Guest Speaker's Fund" I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

I'm offering up $10.00 to start a "Guest Speaker's Fund" Empty I'm offering up $10.00 to start a "Guest Speaker's Fund"

Post  Mike Davis Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:13 pm

Would You be Willing to Help Fund Visits/Presentations by Jerry Dilsaver and/or Other Anglers Like Him?

It's sounding like we have a good chance for a visit from fishing great Jerry Dilsaver - including an opportunity to "pick his brain" on the many topics for which he has become widely famous.

I understand that Jerry has offered to waive his usual "Speaker's Fees" which, I believe, is a grand gesture on his part. Even though he's willing to not profit from sharing his vast knowledge with us, I also believe that we should not expect or ask him to "dip into his own pocket" and pay for his travel expenses to do it.

With this in mind, I'm offering $10.00 to start a "Guest Speaker's Fund" that we could use for defraying the expenses of getting anglers like Jerry to come and share their expertise with us.

I'll try to insert a "Poll" to see if [and, if so, how much] other FAAN members would be willing to donate to such a fund.

Mike Davis
Mike Davis
Mike Davis
New Angler

http://www.VET-NET.org

Back to top Go down

I'm offering up $10.00 to start a "Guest Speaker's Fund" Empty Re: I'm offering up $10.00 to start a "Guest Speaker's Fund"

Post  Backlash Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:13 pm

Thanks Mike.

I have talked with Jerry and it is confirmed that he visit with us and present a kayak fishing seminar on February 2nd. Jerry lives in Wilmington and we are looking to cover his expenses for this seminar. He is foregoing his normal speaker fee as a donation to the FAAN.
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

I'm offering up $10.00 to start a "Guest Speaker's Fund" Empty Speakers Fund

Post  tadpole1 Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:21 pm

I will be happy to make a donation to the speakers fund. Just tell me when and where Very Happy

Jim Thomas

tadpole1
New Angler

Back to top Go down

I'm offering up $10.00 to start a "Guest Speaker's Fund" Empty Re: I'm offering up $10.00 to start a "Guest Speaker's Fund"

Post  Deepblu505 Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:23 am

Ill kick in $10, only fair to pay the expenses. Look forward to hearing Jerry speak.
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

http://aparrotlooksat51.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Backlash Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:14 pm

Looks like the list is growing in the affirmative.
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

I'm offering up $10.00 to start a "Guest Speaker's Fund" Empty How can you donate to the "Speaker's" Fund?

Post  Mike Davis Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:43 pm

Tadpole-

What's the easiest way to pitch in for the "Speaker's" fund? Probably at the FAAN meeting -- this Thursday December, 2nd at Sammio’s Italian Restaurant on Raeford Road at 630pm.

The Poll indicates 4 pledges @ $10.00 & 2 @ $15.00. MLM [ that's Mike's Lame Math ] shows the current tally at $70.00 -- which is a good start for the fund.

See you at Sammio's:
2623 Raeford Rd. [ South side, just West of Robeson St. ]
Fayetteville, NC 28303
(910) 321-0000

Mike
Mike Davis
Mike Davis
New Angler

http://www.VET-NET.org

Back to top Go down

I'm offering up $10.00 to start a "Guest Speaker's Fund" Empty Speakers Fund

Post  MOLE Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:22 pm

I would gladly give 10$ for the guest speaker fund.
MOLE
MOLE
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  al k Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:55 am

A couple thoughts on this topic.............

I belong to a couple of other groups who have the same challenge. How we handle it is by having a 50/50 raffle at each meeting. The treasurer has a roll of ticket which he/she sells @ $2 each or 3 for $5. 50% goes to the winner and other 50% goes to speaker fund. Sometimes we have a donated item to raffle off in which case the winner gets the item and all 100% goes into the speaker fund.

From time to time I am invited to speak to various groups about the Smith River (next time in Winston Salem on Jan 18th). Most organizations offer up travel and meal money. If it is some distance, I have even been put up in a motel. What I do to help them out is bring a dozen "Allieworms" to raffle off. Yep, I know it is hard to believe Embarassed but even after they buy me a full tank of gas and meal they end up making money Shocked

al k
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down