Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Shearon Harris Crappie Report

4 posters

Go down

Shearon Harris Crappie Report Empty Shearon Harris Crappie Report

Post  Backlash Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:11 pm

Yesterday, I spent the day with Chris Hall on Shearon Harris searching for crappie. Headin out we knew the wind was going to present some problems , but we were determined to find a few fish. So, the plan was to investigate some area that interested me after a lake map recon. When we arrived, we found the lake was down 2 or more feet and we became concerned about being to launch the boat. However, we cautiously launched and were on our way.

After looking over the lake on the map, we were headed to an area of the lake to take a look with the sonar and side scan. Almost immediately on arrival the sonar was lit with signs of bait, so we began fishing and putting fish in the boat. However, the nothwest wind with strong gusts made it difficult to stay on spot, not to mention quite chilly on the bones. So, we abandon that spot for another day and headed up the east arm of the lake to get out of the wind.

We managed a mixed bag of crappie, White perch, and catfish on some of my favorite locations and investigated a few more spots. With the arrival of the cold front the fish didn't to cooperate much and the wind chilled us more than we cared for, so we ended the day around 1pm and headed for the house.

The water temps are around 54 degrees and we were trolling minnows on Capps and Coleman rigs. Additionally, there are lots of duck hunters on the water at Harris now, so be mindful of were you are fishing.

A couple of cool things that we observed were one a pair of loons on the water and their calls to each other. And, a flock of turkeys that flew from the south side of the lake to the north side and landed on the bank just behind our boat. I had never seen turkeys cover that kind of distance in flight, before. Pretty cool!

I'll add some of my sonar screenshots a little later.

Shearon Harris Crappie Report Sdc10021

Last edited by FAANangler on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

Shearon Harris Crappie Report Empty Re: Shearon Harris Crappie Report

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:00 pm

thanks for the report tom!
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

Post  Coach Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:45 pm

Sounds quite literally like a cool day. Lol. But sounds like fun.
Coach
Coach
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  fishgent Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:14 pm

good report. thanks
fishgent
fishgent
Deckhand

Back to top Go down