Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Lake upchurch 4-28-12

3 posters

Go down

Lake upchurch 4-28-12 Empty Lake upchurch 4-28-12

Post  Hoppdevil Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:56 pm

Didn't get started till 8:30 this morning. We started out hitting the main lake docks and sea walls with top water and spinner baits. It was pretty windy, but manageable. The first cast had a fairly good strike on my pop'r and my buddy had a whiff at his spinner bait. After two short strikes on my pop'r and seeing one follow it all the way to the boat, I changed my bait. They were interested but it was so choppy,I didn't feel the pop'r was the right bait. I switched to my chartreuse and blue crankbait and starting hitting all docks and stick piles, long story short I caught 7 bass on my crankbait and one on my lizard. The crankbait bass all came on wood in points off the main lake in about 3-6 foot of water. We started out leaving the ramp and heading towards the creek and went about a 100 yards into creek. The biggest bass came out of the creek, in grass with the lizard. We did much better off the main lake though and would have caught more if we had stayed in the main lake. We caught 9 bass and two accidental carp with our crankbaits. The pattern was definitely points with wood off the main lake.
Hoppdevil
Hoppdevil
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Lake upchurch 4-28-12 Empty Re: Lake upchurch 4-28-12

Post  sleach Sat May 12, 2012 11:47 pm

Thanks for the report..very useful!
sleach
sleach
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Lake upchurch 4-28-12 Empty Re: Lake upchurch 4-28-12