Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Got my Ascend!!

2 posters

Go down

Got my Ascend!! Empty Got my Ascend!!

Post  Deepblu505 Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:36 pm

I took it out today for a shake down cruise, and I wanted to do a wet re-entry to see how that would work. All went well it paddles very nice even with my old paddle ( I thought I might need a longer one). It tracks very well and it was a bit windy today. Got my Ascend!! Attachmenton the way to the Lake.Got my Ascend!! AttachmentGot my Ascend!! Attachmentready to launchGot my Ascend!! Attachmentand away we go.Got my Ascend!! AttachmentI was able to stand up and paddle around with no problems. The boat is very stable, now I need to work on my balance LOL.Got my Ascend!! Attachment Wow is that Billy E lol.Got my Ascend!! AttachmentBack on shore after my wet re- entry, Tried to film it but the battery went dead. Anyway it was harder than I thought it would be, my fault I am out of shape but working on it.Got my Ascend!! AttachmentGot my Ascend!! AttachmentI had read and watched YouTube videos telling how the factory seal job on the hatches sucked. Well I had the deck completely awash during my wet re-entry and this is all the water in the hull when I got home. 
Now comes the fun part rigging it out. Will start by pulling all the hatches and resealing them and replace the hardware. Will add more pictures as the rigging progresses.

One thing I would like to add is Lynn Loughran GSM Camping Footwear Gifts and Sunglasses, Is a Gem. She was so helpful and really treat us great. So if you are down there at Bass Pro you should look her up and tell her that she made a great impression on this old soilder.
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

http://aparrotlooksat51.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Got my Ascend!! Empty Re: Got my Ascend!!

Post  Snagged Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:37 pm

Very nice.  I hadn't heard much about these and never really looked in to em.  I've got a new kayak on order now that I will hopefully be picking up this weekend.
Snagged
Snagged
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum