Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Saying Goodbye to the Fayetteville Anglers Network

2 posters

Go down

Saying Goodbye to the Fayetteville Anglers Network Empty Saying Goodbye to the Fayetteville Anglers Network

Post  Backlash Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:45 pm

Hello all,
It's been a little more than 7 years, since we began the Fayetteville Area Anglers' Network and in that time, I have been blessed to meet some very good friends and have some great times fishing with you. However in that same time, many things in my life have changed particularly in my professional life. This brings me to a crossroads, in that I no longer am able to focus my energy on the FAAN, in the fashion that it deserves.

Fortunately, I have been gifted with the ability to pursue my passion to provide fellow anglers with learning opportunities on a full-time professional basis.  Many of the programs that were begun at the FAAN are now available through the Pechmann Fishing Education Center and are fully funded, which has improved them greatly. Additionally, this has allowed for the creation of many more providing our fishing community with far more quality opportunities to further promote the sport to the public.  As this has flourished, it has meant that activities at the FAAN have waned. It is with this in mind that I announce that I am closing the chapter on my part with the FAAN.

However, if someone should like to continue this effort and is interested in promoting and growing the group, I will do everything within my ability to support them in their effort and guide them to success.  I will be happy to hand over administrative control to the FB page, forum, and email list to whoever wishes to continue. If no one has stepped forward by the 1st of August, I will then begin closing the FB page and forum and delete the FAAN mailing list.  

I will be continuing my efforts through the Pechmann Center and the Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing program.  Anyone not receiving information about those programs and like to join those mailing list, please contact me, so that I may add you to those list.

It was been a wonderful time in my life and I feel very fortunate to be able to call you friends and I will continue to forward to opportunities to fish with you in the future.  Thank you all so much for your support.

Sincerely,

Tom Carpenter
FAAN_Founder
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

Saying Goodbye to the Fayetteville Anglers Network Empty Re: Saying Goodbye to the Fayetteville Anglers Network

Post  Coach Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:40 am

Tom,

Thanks for all that you have done these past few years. It has truly been appreciated. I guess since this group was my idea all those years ago, it's my turn to step up to the plate. I would like to ask you to contact me and maybe that we could get together in person over supper, tying flies, or fishing. I have a few ideas that I'd like to bounce off of you and anyone else who would like to meet.

Bobby
Coach
Coach
Guide

Back to top Go down

Saying Goodbye to the Fayetteville Anglers Network Empty Re: Saying Goodbye to the Fayetteville Anglers Network

Post  Coach Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:57 pm

Please check your emails for an email from me about the continuation of the FAAN.  I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Bobby
Coach
Coach
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down