Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Another Crappie Day on Harris

2 posters

Go down

Another Crappie Day on Harris Empty Another Crappie Day on Harris

Post  Backlash Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:12 pm

Mike Davis joined me on trip to Shearon Harris for some Crappie Fishing. On the way Mike mentioned that the only way that he had ever caught Crappie was during the spawn , and today's trip would be a learning experience.

With the temps dropping into the 50s the past couple of days, I decided that it was best to get a little later start. We hit the water a little before 11am armed a bucket full of minnows. When we stopped at the bait store, we ordered 6 dozen, but found that we had received a bonus of at least twice that many. I was concerned about the wind, as it seemed very brisk when we left the house, but once on the water, the wind was light making controlling the boat easy. The water temps were hovering around 57 degrees.

We hit one of the favorite spots right off the water, and after about 45 minutes and no fish , I had become concerned about how the day might end. Then, Mike broke the ice with the first and we began boating some very nice , healthy slab crappie. The fish were very thick and most of a very respecable length, so I decided to measure and weigh one and found that they were averaging 11" and little more than a pound in weight. We lost count of our catch after awhile, but I'm comfortable in saying that we caught 50-60 fish in the three hours that we were on the water.

Other than the trolling motor wire catching fire, it was a great day to share with a fellow angler.
Another Crappie Day on Harris Davis_10

Last edited by Backlash on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

Another Crappie Day on Harris Empty Re: Another Crappie Day on Harris

Post  Deepblu505 Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:33 am

Thanks for the report Tom, sounds like yall had a good time. Well except for the trolling motor fire?
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

http://aparrotlooksat51.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down