Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Using Maps and Sonar to locate fish

3 posters

Go down

Using Maps and Sonar to locate fish Empty Using Maps and Sonar to locate fish

Post  Backlash Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:00 am

This is an example of an area that I decided to investigate after doing a map recon and that I believed would be prime for catching crappie. I keyed was drawn to this area because of the creek channels that intersect each other providing crrent and the nearby points that provide quick access to shallow water. As you can see, once we arrived on the spot loaded with bait and if you look close you can see individual fish near the bottom. Although the wind made it impossible to fish, we caught a few fish and confirmed the idea that this area will hold fish and thereby eliminating a lot of water to fish.

Using Maps and Sonar to locate fish Shot_210

Using Maps and Sonar to locate fish Shot_210
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

Using Maps and Sonar to locate fish Empty Re: Using Maps and Sonar to locate fish

Post  Coach Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:22 pm

Trying to figure out a good way to hook up my fish finder on my jon boat that I throw in the back of my truck. Need to have it removable so that I don't tear it up when moving the boat. May do like some guys did on tinboats.com. Then I can start looking for stuff like this.
Coach
Coach
Guide

Back to top Go down

Using Maps and Sonar to locate fish Empty Re: Using Maps and Sonar to locate fish

Post  bslesinski Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:11 am

Nice work! I don't think that most anglers get all they can out of the electronics that they purchase.

bslesinski
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down