Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

NC Sportsman Fishing School

2 posters

Go down

NC Sportsman Fishing School Empty NC Sportsman Fishing School

Post  fishgent Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:09 am

There are a couple of us heading to Wilmington on the 17th for the NC Sportsman fishing school. I will be heading down on Friday for work and overnighting. Anyone else going?
fishgent
fishgent
Deckhand

Back to top Go down

NC Sportsman Fishing School Empty Re: NC Sportsman Fishing School

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:54 pm

I wish i could go but i am going to be working on my boat this weekend. Have fun and take some notes for us!
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

NC Sportsman Fishing School Empty NC Sportsman Fishing School - Great Success

Post  fishgent Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:13 pm

The NC/SC Sportsman Saltwater Fishing School was once again a great success. They added one addition seminar room, so we had 8 different topics to choose from each hour. Some of the topics covered were:

founder, speckled trout, trolling, rigging, kayak fishing, cast nets, fishing mirro-lures, red drum, spanish, jigging/popping, jettys, fishing temps, surf fishing, sight fishing reds, topwater artificials, knot tying, etc., etc., etc.

One of my favorite classes was titles "Finding Fish" taught by Capt. Dave Tilley. The focus was using his BlueWater Supermap to find areas to fish. His website pulles data from NASA satellites and lets you look at water heights, temp changes, solunar tables, and much more. it was very impressive. The data can be used for offshore and inshore fishing. Once you learn to read the data, and it is not very difficult, you can identify areas where the fish you are targeting will be located.

Checkout his website... http://fryingpantower.com

Rick Allard, another FAAN member, attended and says he will definately go back. The last class of the day Rick attended was called Cooking Your Catch. He claims to have received some good recipes, I have yet to have any samples, and insight in prepping your catch prior to cooking.

I cannot wait to get out and try some of the tactics I learned.
fishgent
fishgent
Deckhand

Back to top Go down

NC Sportsman Fishing School Empty Re: NC Sportsman Fishing School

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down