Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Fishing areas

+2
Cujo
shobbs
6 posters

Go down

Fishing areas Empty Fishing areas

Post  shobbs Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:05 pm

Lake Upchurch is locally know as Waldos Beach. Here are a few of the spots I use to fish.

1> A...Fish the point that is shown. Early morning with topwaters, like a buzzbait....they love em out there. Later as the sun rises use small crankbaits or minnow jerk baits.

B...With your electronics check out the 90 degree channel bend. That whole area is great. Fish come out of the deep channel and feed all about in the shallow zones and return to deeper water.

Small crankbaits that run 6-8 foot work well. Also pig and jig caught my biggest in that area of 7 pounds. Fish was returned to the water to procreate..Smile Weighed in at the ramp, picture taken and released there. I also like the Tequila Sunrise color of worm in this lake..Smile

Fishing areas WaldosWest

2> A...This section is showing you where big bream love to bed. There are other places but this one has always held true for big bream. I like to use small beetle spins an cast to the shore line and ever so slowly retrieve them back. Those big bream will bust em open...Smile Of course big bream also love crickets and can be caught with those also.

On the point by the small creek that goes back in the lined area....I saw a small bird fall into the water and start flopping. Then I saw a hugh wake headed for the wake.....a big swirl and all was quite. A big old bass had gone up and took advantage of an easy meal.

B.....the dam area has a big grill out to the side to filter out tree limbs and such. I use to take small 1/16 and 1/8 ounce grubs and cast em up towards the wall and grill face and catch a lot of crappie.... Cool

Fishing areas WaldosEast

One place I didn't mark was off to the right just before the dam area. There was a small area you can go into like a back slough. There was a tree that sat in 2 foot of water and always had bag worms in it. Whenever you saw a worm fall out a big bream would eat em up. So a great place to check out when it warms up and summer time...Smile

These are all places that I use to fish. I lived just a few miles from the lake and fished it all the time. You could buy a season pass to fish. The man would give me a key so I could let myself in and out to night fish.... Very Happy But that is something you willl have to talk to the owners about.

Have fun and enjoy..

<*)))))>{

Last edited by shobbs on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
shobbs
shobbs
Deckhand

http://www.fishheroes.org

Back to top Go down

Fishing areas Empty Up Church..

Post  Cujo Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:17 am

Was there a few sundays back .. down the road from my house.. caucht many carp and one Bream... woudl like to take a fishing kayak and try some lures for bass.. can this be done... are you permitted to paddle there and try for bass in the inlets along the shore.. oh and i am in the market for a nice fishing kayak.. pm me if you know where i can get my hands on a decent one...
Cujo
Cujo
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Fishing areas Empty UpChurch

Post  shobbs Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:53 am

You can put in at Waldo's Beach they have a boat ramp. Yes paddling is a viable means of propultion on a boat. They also rent boats and trolling motors. cheers
shobbs
shobbs
Deckhand

http://www.fishheroes.org

Back to top Go down

Fishing areas Empty Re: Fishing areas

Post  Cujo Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:10 pm

Great now all i need is a kayak ..
Cujo
Cujo
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Fishing areas Empty Directions

Post  tspencer Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:08 pm

Is there any road leading to Lake Upchurch that I can get into to fish without going through the Waldo Beach entrance? Looks like a lot of private land.
tspencer
tspencer
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:57 am

from what is seen fishing on the lake most of it is owned my land owners. At the boat ramp on the lake there is a fishing peir or if you know someone that lives on the lake you maybe able to fish in there yard.
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

Fishing areas Empty Tried Lake upchurch today 5-21-11

Post  wmcgaffey Sat May 21, 2011 9:31 pm

So I saw this post in the forums and decided to go try it out, since I figured I had some inside information and should put it to use.
Loaded the boat up around 6am and headed to the lake, got there about 6:40am and drove up and was greeted by 2 old guys that pointed to a sign and politely asked for 10 dollars ?? hmm wasn't expecting that .... ok lets see what is in my wallet (I very rarely carry cash ever). Nope, only 4 dollars, hmm I ask him if they can take a debit or credit card...nope!!! You guys have an ATM I asked....Nope!!! So I turn the truck around and head to nearest gas station and grab some money, and head back. This better be worth it, I say to myself as I give the guy the money and launch the boat.
I ran down the lake first trying to distinguish the terrain features that I had seen on the map in this forum. I wanted to try top water on the point...2 boats almost side to side fishing there....hmm, ok off to the second place I wanted to try the channel bend. But the further I got down that way the shallower and shallower it showed on electronics, so I stopped just short of what I seemed to remember it looking like on the picture in this forum. There were some nice weeds with stumps in them around this area so I shut off motor and dropped trolling motor and grabbed one of my rods with a Popper tied on it and gave it a cast. First cast nothing.....second cast to the left of the first about 2 inches from a stump between two sections of grass...the popper dissapeared in a big gulp, I swung and set the hook and felt the weight behind it....felt like a decent fish, but hard to tell since I just recently switched a rod out with 8lb mono just for poppers since I was having a problem with using braid on a popper (it kept getting wrapped around the front treble hook, every cast !!). So I played him awhile, and he did what all fish seem to want to do run under the boat, and run around the trolling motor etc. Finally got him up and grabbed his lower lip and got him in boat, I was right he was a good fish and I had never seen a Bass get a popper so far down his throat. So I dug out my pliers and worked on getting him loose, which I did and then promptly weighed him...3.14 Not a monster by any means but definatley a nice start to the day. That was pretty much the highlight of the day, the rest of the day was slow and all were shorts. All in all not a bad day on the lake 5 total, biggest being 3lbs, dunno if it was worth 10bucks or not but still had fun..

-Mac-
wmcgaffey
wmcgaffey
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Fishing areas Empty Great Debrief

Post  Mike Davis Sun May 22, 2011 9:09 pm

Yo Mac-

Appreciate the discriptive debriefing. Adding it to Shobbs' GoogleEarth shots, piques my interest for Upchurch. Thanks, Mike
Mike Davis
Mike Davis
New Angler

http://www.VET-NET.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down