Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Anyone Else excited?

5 posters

Go down

Anyone Else excited? Empty Anyone Else excited?

Post  Goldbacher83 Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:12 pm

I work at 316 Oyster Bar and have a couple of regular customers that live on upchurch and have seen a ton a nice fish being caught. After they rebuilt the dam the stocked it with a ton of difference species.....and UNLIKE Hope Mills lake their dam worked. I think its been 4-5 years of full levels, and everyone I have talked to is saying this year and next year are going to be the 2 best years that lake has seen in a long time..............One of my customers son went out with his friend a few weeks ago and like 25+ lgmth nothing under 2lb..........I've been eager to get on that water....But from what i hear, the boat ramp/baitshop/boatrental is only open sat-sun. So theres this huge beautiful lake you cant get on except sat-sun unless you put in elsewhere.........Hopefully I can start meeting some of you fellas, cause Ive got permission to use my friends ramp. Too bad I only have feet and hands, NO BOAT......If you've been sketchy to try this lake because of the past, DO NOT.....granted its Not Harris.......but it is an awsome lake with plenty of structure, canals, points ect......Just thought I'd share a bit.

Goldbacher83
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Anyone Else excited? Empty Re: Anyone Else excited?

Post  Snagged Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Two different people at work yesterday told me that there's another public ramp on Upchurch on the other side of the lake from Waldo's, but I'm not so sure. I've only been there once.

I really want to give this lake a try with the kayak. I just got done re-installing my transducer on the yak, this time so it will be directly in the water...time to test it out. I need to check on the hours for the Waldo's Beach ramp...and prices.
Snagged
Snagged
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Anyone Else excited? Empty upchurch

Post  bpg Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:29 am

hey guys ,he is right its a great place to fish .i fish it a lot . i heard of the other boat ramp i have been all over that lake and i can't find it ? as far as the ramp goes last year it was 10$ to 12$ its all on who opens the gate for you .. i found that the home owners on the lake are really nice and i am trying to work a deal with a guy that lives there that has a ramp on a wooded lot so just us faan guys can use it .. how ever i do use a ramp on the lake and have a boat i will go whenever hit me up on the (pm) and i will give you my cell . going to take benb out soon .. but im taking care of my dad who have lung cancer and is not doing good Sad wishing i could take hm out for one last father and son fishing trip !!!
bpg
bpg
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Coach Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:46 pm

Great stuff. I live not far from there for a few more months. Just don't want to pay that much to launch my kayak. Would be sweet to be able to launch for free.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Would be a treat for you and him if you could get him out.
Coach
Coach
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:26 pm

I am hoping to fish upchruch lake alot this year! i have fished it in the passed and the only boat ramp i know of is the one that is 10 dollars. I will let you guys know when i plan on fishing upchruch lake!
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum