Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Crappie Spawn in Full Swing on Jordan

3 posters

Go down

Crappie Spawn in Full Swing on Jordan Empty Crappie Spawn in Full Swing on Jordan

Post  Backlash Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:34 am

After what has been an incredibly busy spring that has kept me away from the water, I was able to slip out for some crappie fishing.  Chris Hall and I decided to make this an afternoon trip, as opposed to the customary 0' dark 30 departure time and decided to give Lake Jordan a try. This was my first trip to Jordan, since the big fish, a couple of year ago and it proved to be quite worth it.

We arrived about 2pm and headed straight to a shallow creek arm, where I was hoping that we would find fish and be well away from the Ski boats and other traffic.  This proved to be a good hunch, as we began picking up fish soon after getting our rods in the water.  We found the water temps to be 73° and it warmed to 76° later in the afternoon.  We boated 63 crappie with 11 keepers and 3 or 4 of those being around 13 inches.  Given the number caught the missed strikes and fish lost at the boat, we had one of the busiest crappie fishing days that I have witnessed in quite awhile. As usual, we had plenty of live bait to deadline troll on Coleman-capps rigs, but I decided to drop a couple of rigs  with jigs and found the fish just as anxious to take the white tubes. The fish were caught from 4 to 8 feet deep and generally located around the creek mouth.

I fear the spawn won't last much longer,so if you can get out for shallow water crappie fishing, now's the time. 

Crappie Spawn in Full Swing on Jordan 2014_410

Crappie Spawn in Full Swing on Jordan 2014_411
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

Crappie Spawn in Full Swing on Jordan Empty Re: Crappie Spawn in Full Swing on Jordan

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:15 pm

Great report tom! Thanks for sharing!
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

Crappie Spawn in Full Swing on Jordan Empty Re: Crappie Spawn in Full Swing on Jordan

Post  Snagged Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:28 pm

I have a pic of Tom's 13.5 incher somewhere.  That was a damn fine day though, particularly since Jordan has rarely produced any significant numbers for me in the past.
Snagged
Snagged
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down