Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Great Service Experience!!

3 posters

Go down

Great Service Experience!! Empty Great Service Experience!!

Post  Backlash Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:04 am

On my last fishing trip, I developed some problems with the trolling motor connection and the power cable overheated. After determining that the wire was too far gone for safe and expedient repair, I decided to look for a repair center that could complete the job with the necessary parts. So after a search at Minn Kota's website, I found Coastline Service Center in Goldsboro as being the closest authorized MinnKota Service Center.

Having other experiences in simliar service situations, I set my mind for an expensive repair with a long wait that would require me to leave the motor in Goldsboro, further requiring a second trip to pick up the motor. I relented to the situation and headed off to teh repair center with trolling motor in hand.

Entering Coastline Service, we were greated immediately by Mr. Brown who asked what the problem was and after my explanation he began to write the serial number and fill out his service tag. I'm sure that the look on my face was one of amazement, as he walked around the counter, picked up the motor, and said, "I'll be right back." I peeked into the backroom were he had taken the motor and it was in a repair block being dutifully disassembled. There was nothing to do at this point, so it was time to wander around the shop.

The building is located in the downtown section of Goldsboro and as most buildings in this area appeared to have been built in the early part of the 20th century. The business itself is the quintesstial hard working Mom and Pop tackle store. My kind of place, where you are treated as you are welcome in the store and the folks are happy to help. Given the very mature condition, I was a bit surprised a very nice selection of tackle on hand that included lures for bass, bream, crappie, shad, and striped bass. There were also rod repair parts and Mr. Brown was obviuosly in the business of rod and reel repair as he delivered what appeared to be an antique fishing outfit back to one of his customers.

After about 30 minutes, Mr. Brown came out of the backroom with motor in hand and I braced myself to receive the verdict from the cash register. My second surprise of the day was nomial bill that widened the smile on my face. Mr. Brown even took the time to offer some tips on programming the fob and troubleshooting some common problems.

In today's retail enviroment of big stores, long lines, and impersonal service, it's nice to know that friendly prompt service still exsist and I hope that they never go away.
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

Great Service Experience!! Empty Re: Great Service Experience!!

Post  bparker Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:49 am

Thanks for the report, Tom. I have heard good things about that place, and you just confirmed it!

bparker
Deckhand

Back to top Go down

Post  kjgallaher Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:17 pm

I also have had good service there.
Keith
kjgallaher
kjgallaher
New Angler

http://www.flytieathon.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down