Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

My Chili

Go down

My Chili  Empty My Chili

Post  Deepblu505 Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:17 am

This has been a work in progress over many years. But this is pretty much what I stick close to now. I brought this to the Chili Diner Meeting the FAAN had a few months back. As for the meat I like to use deer meat that I soak in milk to get the gamy taste out of. You can use what you like.  You will notice that I omit beans, you may add then if you wish.
My Chili  Imag0110

My Chili  Imag0111

ED'S TEXAS CHILI CON CARNE

2 lbs of meat( Deer, Cow, Elk, Bear what every you got)                      
  1/2 tsp salt
  2-28oz cans of tomatoes (crushed)  
  1-10oz can Rotel Tomatoes                              
  1 Tbsp Cumin
  3  Tbsp Chili Powder                                                    
  1/2 Tbsp Garlic
  1/2 Tbsp Oregano                                                      
  1/2 Tbsp minced Onion                                                                                                                      
  1/2 cup of Chili power                                                  
  1/2 tbsp of Paprika
  1/2 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper                                              
  1 Med Yellow Onion(cubed)
  1 Green Bell pepper(cubed)                                            
  Jalapeños to taste
  1Tbsp Mesa Flour

Cut into 1 inch cubes ,add the 3Tbsp of chili powder then pound the meat with a mallet . In a dutch oven or stew pot brown the meat. Pour off any grease. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and simmer covered for one hour or until meat is tender. Mix mesa flour with warm water until it flows (not to thin) mix into chili and simmer for 30 more minutes.

This can also be done in a crock pot or slow cooker. Just brown the meat on the stove first and then cook on low or auto  for 4-6 hours. You need to watch every couple of hours and add a little water as needed.   Mix mesa flour with warm water until it flows (not to thin) mix into chili and simmer for 30 more minutes.[img]

Last edited by Deepblu505 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:46 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot sh**)
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

http://aparrotlooksat51.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum