Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

A tribute to Rich Bush

3 posters

Go down

A tribute to Rich Bush Empty A tribute to Rich Bush

Post  Backlash Sun May 20, 2012 9:16 pm

After battling leukemia for the past years, Rich Bush returned to the hospital for surgery on a perforated bowel. Weakened from his encounter with cancer, his latest battle proved to be too much and Rich passed in the morning of Saturday, May 19th, 2012. Per his wishes, Rich’s body is being cremated and the family will be foregoing any services. Please keep the family your thoughts, as they navigate these difficult times.

Rich was a retired police officer, who moved here a few years ago upon his retirement. He enjoyed fishing and winemaking of which we have enjoyed both. I fished with him on several occasions and enjoyed both his company and our friendly banter. We were looking forward to the time when would have another to fish, unfortunately he never recovered strength enough from the cancer treatments to make another trip.

One of the things that Rich looked forward to upon leaving the hospital was having dinner at Joe’s Crab Shack. So we arranged to get together with them at Joe’s once he was released. His wife, Rita tells me that he was greatly appreciative of the FAAN for getting together to have dinner with him at Joe’s and that he had a really great time. I would like to thank the members who attended the dinner. Rich enjoyed spending time with the FAAN and the time that he spent with the group was special.

May our friend find, peace, calm waters, and tight lines.

A tribute to Rich Bush Dsc_0310

A tribute to Rich Bush Dsc_1010
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

A tribute to Rich Bush Empty Re: A tribute to Rich Bush

Post  Coach Tue May 22, 2012 4:04 pm

I was very saddened when I saw this. Did not make the dinner but was hoping to participate in his first fishing excursion. I remember talking to him oabout fishing, being a cop, and his wine making. He will be missed.
Coach
Coach
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Snagged Sat May 26, 2012 8:04 pm

I've been having a hard time trying to come up with the right words. It is truly a shame that after such a tough battle with the leukemia, he lost out to something unrelated. I didn't know him extremely well; I only fished with him two or three times. But he was indeed great company to keep, and always willing to lend a word or two to a listening ear. Always enjoyed talking with him. In fact, I logged on to another forum today for the first time in forever, and I saw a friend request from him that he sent after our last Fort Fisher trip before he got sick Sad. And I was really looking forward to his first fishing trip since he fell ill. I hate that it never came.

Tight lines and peaceful waters, Rich.
Snagged
Snagged
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum