Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Yak is coming along

2 posters

Go down

Yak is coming along Empty Yak is coming along

Post  Deepblu505 Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:47 pm

Well, I have been working on the Yak. Had to put the work on hold to deal with the wrecked car and getting the new Jeep. But I got back to it today. I will post some pic soon.

In summary I got the trolling motor mounted, along with the foot pedal steering. Located the power switch by the seat and got it wired. Also  added two handles to the side rails more toward the middle of the boat. I added some PVC crosses to my cart to keep the wheels from rubbing the bottom of the yak. Have a new crate that I  almost have ready to go. I think a little time with it tomorrow and it will be ready for sea trials (or at least lake trials).Will document the work with photos tomorrow and then hopefully get to the lake before the week is over. Will definitely have photos and maybe video at the lake. 

I have tried to set it up leaning strongly toward trolling for Stripers up at Jordan, and if that works out shooting for Kings off Yaupon next season.

Here is a shot of the Jeep it is a 2014 Patriot. Most of you have probably already seen it since you are following Sharon on FaceBook, but for those that don't use Facebook like me here you go.

Yak is coming along Patrio11
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

http://aparrotlooksat51.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Yak is coming along Empty Re: Yak is coming along

Post  Coach Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:02 pm

Where are the pictures. I know the pro photographer has some. Very Happy
Coach
Coach
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Deepblu505 Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:34 am

Coach wrote:Where are the pictures. I know the pro photographer has some. Very Happy
When I take some I will post them. Proably tomorrow. Was to busy working to take pictures, in fact I lost all track of time today working on it that when Sharon called me to come pick her up,after work, I looked at the time and said damn I didn't eat lunch:shock: ....this boy don't miss meals very often so there you go.

Last edited by Deepblu505 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : want to whats it to ya)
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Coach Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:39 am

Just messing with you man! Laughing
Coach
Coach
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Deepblu505 Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:21 pm

I got out and did some work today before the rain run me back inside. Old joints don't like cool rainy days. I got some pictures in but will have to wait for another time when it is not raining for a video walk through.

Today I started by laying out my led lights for night fishing to see where they will be. I am going to run them around the bow from midship to midship. Those will have to wait until I get some adhesive accelerant  to make the 3m glue stick better.

Next I enlarged on of the PVC pipes in my crate to accommodate my net.

Yak is coming along Rodhol10

Its hard to see but what it is is attached to the inside of the crate. 

Yak is coming along _mg_0213

Here you can see the steering pedal adaptation I made to my foot pegs.

Yak is coming along Pedals10

Here is one of the two handles I installed to help loading.

This is mounting I came up with. Not sure if it is what I will Stay with, but for now we will see how it does.Yak is coming along Tmotor10 

It is steered by pushing the tab I added, with the toes, to each foot pedal and connected by 90lb seven strand coated leader. The Motor is mounted on a door hinge so if I run up on something with it, it will bounce over.

Yak is coming along Crate10

Here is the new crate, it is a heavy duty bin from Home Depot.you can see tube to hold the anchor to keep it orderly also I have changed the retractable reel from a 26 ft dog leash to a 50ft retractable clothes line that I replaced the vinyl coated line with a heavier anchor line.

This is the inside of the crate showing battery and the PVC I have cut to cover the terminals so nothing shorts ot by accidently falling on it.Yak is coming along Batter10

There is room in it for a small soft side cooler and tackle boxes. The Dos Equis I used to flare the PVC pipes after heating them with a heat gun.

Here is my new rod setup, the two by the seat are for crappie trolling forward, and the two to the frt are for trolling from the rear Ie Stripers.They all swivel  to accomidate different angles.Yak is coming along Rodhol11

Yak is coming along Cartmo11  
Here is the cart , it is hard to see the mods but what I was having trouble with was the Kayaks scupper holes were to large and allowed the kayak to slide down or the posts that the kayak rested on the wheels. Making in impossible to roll. So I added two crosses of PVC to hold it up higher.

Well that is it for today. Will post more as it progresses.

Last edited by Deepblu505 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : nunya)
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Coach Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Looks really good and well thought out.  Great job!
Coach
Coach
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Deepblu505 Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:26 pm

The orange clip you see on the rods wiil be part of my rod leashes.

Yak is coming along Rod-le10

plan to combine two diys for this:
Yak is coming along 16+tankwell+2
Build a Rod Leash for Kayak Fishing
and this one:

I am going to use the orange clips with the coiled string trimmer line.
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down