Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Howdy Everyone

+3
Coach
BenB
bobby.hensley.10
7 posters

Go down

Howdy Everyone Empty Howdy Everyone

Post  bobby.hensley.10 Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:04 am

I moved to Fayetteville last year because the Army brought me here. I'm a catfisherman, but I like to get a mess of pan fish. I really like eating crappie and walleye. My wife and I went fishing yesterday for the first time this year. I was asking for suggestions at Gander Mountain and the Gunny there sent me to the Cape Fear river. We went and checked it out, but I'm not much of a river guy. I don't like dealing with the current and repeatedly rigging my wifes pole because she can't cast. Any suggestions for a good catfishing lake are definitely welcome. I see this website is very similar to another one I know, so I'll use the search button before asking too many questions. Cool

bobby.hensley.10
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Howdy Everyone Empty Re: Howdy Everyone

Post  BenB Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:31 pm

Welcome to the fishing hole Bobby. Lake Upchurch is pretty good for blue cats, crappie, and bream. However it's a private lake with a pay ramp and pay pier. I think Lake Rim is good for pan fish, as is Rhodes Pond. I don't fish Fort Bragg so I'm not too sure about the lakes there.
Again, welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay.
BenB
BenB
Deckhand

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ben-Bryant-Amateur-Bass-Angler/357

Back to top Go down

Post  Coach Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:01 pm

Welcome aboard from another Bobby. Fort Bragg has lakes that are managed for catfish and they hold decent eating size mainly cats from what I've seen. Most of the lakes have panfish but I have not caught many decent sized ones. Good bass fishing in some of the lakes also. There are nice cats in Rhodes and good fighting Bowfin (black fish) and chain pickeral (jacks). Let us know if there are any more questions.
Coach
Coach
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  07_hemi_thunderroad Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:27 pm

Welcome to the fishing hole! There are some good catfish
lakes on Bragg! One of my favorite to fish is lower McKellar’s lake! When it starts
warming up I like to plan night fishing on the lake there. There is also
UpChruch Lake in hope mills. They have a pier and people fish of it on Friday
nights. If you ever have any questions please let me know! Good luck out there!

Very Happy
07_hemi_thunderroad
07_hemi_thunderroad
Guide

https://www.facebook.com/robert.harber

Back to top Go down

Post  Backlash Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Welcome aboard, Bobby!
Backlash
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Deepblu505 Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:01 am

Good to have you join us here. You came to the right place for info on this area the beaches. We have guys and gals that fish from the mountains to the sea. The advice above is about what I would have given. Like Bobby and Hemi said bragg has great lakes for eating size cats and they are well managed. If you don't already have one get you a Ft Bragg fishing permit, the rangers there can give you info on the Bragg lakes and the regulations.

So again welcome aboard!!
Deepblu505
Deepblu505
Guide

http://aparrotlooksat51.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEA DANCER Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi Bobby, Rhodes Pond Located on Hwy 301 north of Fayetteville is state operated and is a good lake with lots of open bank area along wit 2 fishing piers. Good place for a picnic and some bank fishing, small boat and electric motor. No gas motors. The city of Fayetteville also has a couple of nice pan fish lakes. Mazzerick park off Bragg Blv. is a nice place. Park in the parking lot at the ball fields and walk down hiking trail to the lake. Enjoy your stay here.

SEA DANCER
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Coach Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:52 pm

At Mazerick Park there is another parking lot if you go past the school into the cul de sac. You can also rent boats from there. Info can be found at the Fayetteville parks and rec website. I've caught some nice bass out of there.
Coach
Coach
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down