Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Fall/Winter fishing

3 posters

Go down

Fall/Winter fishing Empty Fall/Winter fishing

Post  storyjames Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:47 am

What gives, any one had luck in the fall and winter fishing in the Fayetteville area? If so please explain method used and best fishing holes.

Also, I do have a boat.

storyjames
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Fall/Winter fishing Empty Re: Fall/Winter fishing

Post  rab22 Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:01 am

Where have you tried? I was out at Boundary a few weeks ago just hiking with family. Stopped and talked to a guy there who had a stringer full of nice looking bass. He told me swimbait on the bottom were working, slow retrieve. Hope this helps I'm thinking of trying out Rhodes sometime soon.

rab22
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  rab22 Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:29 pm

I was actually out at Rhodes Today. Ran a swimbait on the bottom, and caught one small bass all day. I'm trying to save up for a boat or kayak as we speak then can get back out to Rhodes and get back into the Trees. I'm new around here actually, do you fish Rhodes often? What works for you? What times of day do you go?

rab22
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  rab22 Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:31 pm

Also lots of trash around the Bank's I took a bag out with me today and grabbed what I could. Figuring to venture out there a few more times and take a bag with me everytime to try and clean it up. At least until spring and it will get trashed again I'm sure lol.

rab22
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Coach Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:49 am

Unfortunately the trash is something that some people just have to leave around our wonderful lakes. This is especially true at Rhodes as there are a great many people who go out there and just do not care about the area in which they were fishing. Lately, the lakes at Bragg are getting more and more trash around them. Maybe after the kid died a few weeks ago the mps will crack down on people going out there and having bonfire parties and not actually fishing.
Coach
Coach
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  rab22 Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:14 pm

Yeah careless people. Well me and my g/f try to do what we can when we get out there. Take more trash away from the lake then fish haha.

rab22
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down